Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenues across more than 80 countries worldwide. Its brands include SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin’s®, Wholly®, Hormel® Black Label®, Columbus® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named one of “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” by Corporate Responsibility Magazine for the 11th year in a row, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. In 2016, the company celebrated its 125th anniversary and announced its new vision for the future — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ — focusing on its legacy of innovation. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and http://csr.hormelfoods.com/.
Job Purpose: Ensures the successful manufacturing of food products by supervising a staff of approximately 15-30 employees
- Leads team members by managing, and executing plant processes
- Manages team members in attaining production and quality goals
- Ensures appropriate resources (including materials, equipment, and staffing needs) are available to maintain production schedules
- Supports continuous improvement processes to ensure that goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service are met
- Creates and maintains an engaged and team oriented work force to improve business results
- The position is very hands-on - supervisors are usually in the production area "on-their-feet" about 80% of the shift
- Associate of Science (AS), Associates of Arts (AA), Associates of Applied Science (AAS) or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Agribusiness, Management, Operations, Industrial Management, or related field with a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA or higher or 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Proven leadership, persuasive, initiative, analytical, and communication skills are necessary for success in this position
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Must be open to relocation
Location and Shift:
- Typical starting locations include Austin, Minnesota; Osceola, Iowa; Rochelle, Illinois; or Fremont, Nebraska. Additional locations includes facilities in Wisconsin, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, and Georgia.
- Location is based on business needs at the time an offer is made
- Most Production Supervisors begin their career on second or third shift
- Approximately six weeks are spent in a hands-on training environment before being promoted to a department
- Production Supervisors partner with other supervisors and managers to learn about our products, the company, and industry dynamics
- Production Supervisors attend a one week new employee orientation at our Corporate Office in Austin, Minnesota. This will include presentations by different divisions to increase product knowledge, company knowledge, and leadership skills.
- A successful Production Supervisor will advance to Lead Supervisor, Superintendent, Plant Manager, International, or Operations Coordinators
- Additional opportunities may exist in different departments, facilities, or subsidiaries
- Hormel Foods' "promote-from-within" philosophy rewards outstanding performance
Benefits: Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package, including competitive base salaries plus yearly bonuses, an annual merit increase performance review, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, and more.