- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Hormann High Performance Doors is currently seeking a Quality Technician for their state of the art manufacturing facility located in Burgettstown, Pennsylvania. Candidates for the Quality Technician position will assists in establishing and maintaining processes and procedures for the development of the Quality Management System. Work in a team environment with engineering, production personnel and suppliers to develop and implement best practices that emphasis defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste, and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer expectations.
- Liaise with production, engineering, field services, and suppliers to develop corrective actions plans that address and resolve quality issues
- Ensure corrective action owners expedite the closure of open issues to facilitate on-time shipment of quality products.
- Facilitate development of quality documents to support the quality management system
- Perform and record quality control evaluations on individual products, assembly processes, and finished products
- Utilize drawings and various measuring devices for compliance testing of materials received for production
- Complete and document verification checks on measuring/testing equipment
- Support and enforce the Quality Management System and Continuous Improvement processes
- Act on Engineering Change Requests, Customer Complaints, Alerts, and Service issues as needed
- Research and implement new testing methods for product testing and verification
- HS diploma or GED, Quality Assurance training with 1-3 yrs experience in a manufacturing environment working with manufacturing equipment and processes
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban, and 5S
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Analytical problem solver
- Able to work with minimal supervision and accomplish goals in a timely manner
- Familiar with ERP systems and concepts, SAP preferred
- Lean methodology experience
- Mechanical design experience a plus
- Effective communicator
- Experience with Magnetic Particle and Ultrasonic Testing methods a plus
Department and Supervisor
The Quality Technician will be part of the Quality Department and will report to the Quality Manager
Expected travel will be <25% with training, and supplier/vendor auditing.
Who we are
Hormann is a premier manufacturer of garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability, and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member's unique knowledge, skills, abilities, and efforts define our success as a company.
As an international corporation Hormann LLC prizes diversity in all positions; therefore, candidates with second language ability especially in Spanish or German will be given additional consideration; however, fluency in English is required.
Hormann is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hormann is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs, and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws.
Hormann offers a comprehensive, competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, and supplemental insurance plans, 401(k) with employer match, as well as vacation and holiday pay.
Hormann is a drug-free workplace. All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Hormann LLCBurgettstown, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.