- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Load Tester will install garage door sections, accessory components and other garage door parts as needed on the testing equipment, perform wind load test and other various test as needed. This position also requires disassembly of doors once the test are complete.
The successful candidate will be a reliable, self-motivated, results-oriented individual who possesses and utilizes their strong organizational, technical and mechanical skills to motivate those around him/her through exemplary leadership.
Candidate must be able to carry out any additional assignments as instructed by the supervisor.
- Conduct activities by adhering to established procedures and approved processes.
- Operate relevant production/testing equipment or tools.
- Work closely with engineers as needed to accurately perform test and log results.
- Capacity to develop knowledge of manufacturing methods, techniques, and related equipment and be able to apply this knowledge to the completion of work as assigned.
- Must be able to measure products per work instructions.
- Must become familiar with the product’s construction and application.
- Must have the ability to obtain production parts from stock locations and fill out necessary paperwork the transfer stock.
- Must have the ability to learn computer systems to be able to adjust machinery settings and clear faults on machinery and systems.
- Understand how to read part order sheets, pick correct parts and install correctly per print instructions
- Must be able to learn how to operate all machinery and make minor adjustments as needed.
- Must be flexible in learning various production line processes.
- Make and produce hand samples, label and package correctly.
- Learn and assemble custom doors and aluminum doors.
- Must promote and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Must have an understanding of 6S and maintain 6S standards at all times.
- Assist in quality training of fellow employees.
- Work overtime as needed, even on a short notice to meet customer demands.
- Other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Have a High School diploma, GED or equivalent with at least one year of progressive manufacturing or sheet metal fabrication experience.
- Have the flexibility to work on different shifts, when required, to meet production or project goals.
Essential Mental Functions:
- Must be able to maintain focus of tasks at hand with attention to detail.
- Must be able to follow an established routine and be predisposed to high level of interaction in a team environment.
- Successful candidates must be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently without continuous supervision.
- Work with an understanding that they are a member of a team where success for one is measured by success for all.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Must be able to step in and lead team members in all aspects, as needed.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Be able to safely lift or move at least 50 lbs.
- Be able to safely climb stairs or ladder.
- Be able to work in cold or hot working conditions.
- Be able to use hand tools such as drills, impact wrenches and impact drivers.
Tools and equipment along with specialized training if needed will be provided as required.
As an international corporation Hörmann LLC prizes diversity in all positions; therefore, candidates with second language ability especially in Spanish or German will be given additional consideration; however, fluency in English is required.
TechnologyView all jobs at Hormann LLC
Get fresh LOAD Tester jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.