Horizons Youth Services – Whitney M. Young Jr. Job Corps Center
Job Corps is a no-cost residential education and career technical training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps young people ages 16 to 24 improve the quality of their lives through career technical and academic training.
The Whitney M. Young Jr. Job Corps Center is operated by Horizons Youth Services on behalf of the U.S. Department of Labor.
Job Summary: providing maintenance services as needed and/or assigned; assisting in a wide variety of maintenance activities; addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns; assisting skilled trades; and ensuring that tools, materials and vehicles are maintained in good working order and are available at job site when needed.
• Arranges furniture and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for special events.
• Assists skilled maintenance workers with projects (e.g. transporting and/or securing materials, completing specific tasks, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects in a safe, efficient manner.
• Cleans buildings and grounds areas as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of providing an effective working/learning environment, preventing damage and/or limiting liability exposure.
• Coordinates with skilled maintenance workers and/or assigned supervisor(s) for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
• Installs system component parts, classroom and office equipment and facility components (e.g. lighting, heating and ventilating systems, alarms, plumbing, security, electrical panels, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and workable environment.
• Maintains assigned vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
• Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
• Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, electrical, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames.
• Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
• Repairs furniture and building system components for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.• Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
• Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
• Mows lawns, clears driveways and sidewalks of snow and uses appropriate material to safeguard against slipping on ice.
• Complies with technical operating manuals for equipment and machines.
• Prioritizes daily work orders according to need and assigns staff to complete.
• Maintains log of work orders and coordinates with students’ work orders.
• Monitors assigned activities for students to ensure that high quality work is performed.• Works toward meeting performance management goals.
• Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices
• Performs other duties as assigned within the individual’s scope and capabilities.
Qualifications and Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent general experience degree (GED) required. Valid state driver’s license.
Horizons Youth Services
Why Work Here?Horizons Edge Sports Campus is a one-stop destination for sports, events, banquets, meetings, tradeshows, parties, overnight camps, and much more. The field house is approximately 90,000 sq. ft. and includes 4-basketball courts, 6-volleyball courts, a 200 by 100 feet multipurpose/indoor soccer field, and a family entertainment center. Outdoor facilities include a regulation size multipurpose/soccer lighted artificial turf field. Horizons Edge harnesses the power of sports to change lives, empower people, and use competition to bring out the best in all of us while creating lifelong memories. Find your way to The Edge!
Great company, providing a team focused environment with excellent benefits and compensation