Horizons Youth Services, through innovative leadership and job training programs, provides today’s youth with the education, skills and vision they need to build bright futures for themselves and their communities.
As an operator of Job Corps centers for the U.S. Department of Labor, Horizons Youth Services provides innovative, quality educational and job training programs to enable young people to succeed in today’s competitive job market and keep pace with the ever-changing dynamics of our worldwide economy. Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
Job Summary: Performs financial/accounting support in accordance with DOL, PRH, Contract Center and Horizons Youth Services requirements, supervises and trains Accountant and Accounting Clerks.
- Supervises Center finance functions
- Prepares Center budgets and furnishes requested financial information to Corporate Controller
- Prepares DOL Reports required by Regional and National Office
- Administers small business and minority subcontracting plan
- Coordinates corporate and federal audits
- Prepares other accounting analysis and other duties as required by the Center Director
- Maintains direct contact with all Center Managers, Center Director, Controllers and Auditors
- Monitors assigned area to ensure high quality and timely services
- Prepares data for financial statements and management information reports. Ensures integrity of accounting entries, ledger account entries, bank reconciliation and profit and loss statements
- Maintains Center operations cost data and analysis. Oversees and monitors staff payroll, accounts payable, interest fund and petty cash processes
- Reconciles accounts and balances books
- Maintains accurate database, records, ledgers, logs and journals
- Works towards meeting performance management goals
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps notices and bulletins
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Experience with Excel and/or Lotus spreadsheet applications required. Ability to work in fast paced deadline oriented situation
Experience: One year related experience required
Education: Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms and talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is usually moderate.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be requested to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is also understood that the company reserves the right to change work schedules as required, including overtime.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
Horizons Youth Services
Why Work Here?Horizons Edge Sports Campus is a one-stop destination for sports, events, banquets, meetings, tradeshows, parties, overnight camps, and much more. The field house is approximately 90,000 sq. ft. and includes 4-basketball courts, 6-volleyball courts, a 200 by 100 feet multipurpose/indoor soccer field, and a family entertainment center. Outdoor facilities include a regulation size multipurpose/soccer lighted artificial turf field. Horizons Edge harnesses the power of sports to change lives, empower people, and use competition to bring out the best in all of us while creating lifelong memories. Find your way to The Edge!
Great company, providing a team focused environment with excellent benefits and compensation