Horizons Youth Services, through innovative leadership and job training programs, provides today’s youth with the education, skills and vision they need to build bright futures for themselves and their communities.
As an operator of Job Corps centers for the U.S. Department of Labor, Horizons Youth Services provides innovative, quality educational and job training programs to enable young people to succeed in today’s competitive job market and keep pace with the ever-changing dynamics of our worldwide economy.
Job Summary: Prepares graduates for successful job search, employment, military, and further education and training opportunities and to access resources and services that will assist graduates to successfully transition to the workforce.
• Provides initial and periodic assessments of each assigned students transitional needs
• Develops strategies and action plans to address students transitional needs.
• Maintains and documents regular contact with assigned students
• Assists graduates in identifying and obtaining support services within the communities where they work and live
• Assists graduates with initial job placement and provides follows up services
• Ensures all student achievement credentials are updated and documented
• Assists students in resume development, interviewing skills, and job search strategies
• Uses Labor Market Information and other resources to develop services and placement support strategies tailored to meet the needs and qualifications of each student
• Maintains placement folders in accordance with contract’s SOP
• Provides referrals to and registration with the local One-Stop Center
• Maintains contact with appropriate staff from GAP centers
• Submits reports as determined by the supervisor
• Provides regular feedback to students regarding appropriate employability skills
• Follows CDSS/CSS/BMS Plan and procedures daily
• Adheres to required property control policies and procedures
• Works towards meeting performance standards and goals
• Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices
• Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures
• Models appropriate employability skills for dress, language and work habits
• Continuously helps students become more employable
• Participates in PRH mandated staff training (Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination)
• Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Minimum of one to two years related experience in education. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience: Two years related experience with Associates Degree (Experience may include successful Job Corps enrollment or successful enrollment in other youth development programs.)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology, , counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field; or Associates degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field, and 2 years’ related experience (above).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid State Drivers License.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms and talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
HYS is an EEO Employer - Disability and Veteran