Job Summary: Performs finance/accounting support in accordance with DOL, PRH, Contract Center and Horizons Youth Services’ requirements in regard to all purchases of Center.
- Verifies terminology and specifications of purchase requests.
- Reads catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications
- Compiles records of items purchased or transferred between departments
- Types or writes purchase order and sends copy to supplier and department originating request
- Computes total cost of items purchased, using calculator
- Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders
- Types or writes invitation-of-bid forms and mails forms to supplier firms or distributes forms for public posting
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates, and awards contract to supplier with best bid
- Determines if material on hand is sufficient quantity
- Approves bills for payment
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries
- Works toward meeting performance management goals
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Experience: One year related experience required. Experience with Excel spreadsheet applications. Ability to work in fast paced deadline oriented situations
Education: High School Diploma and one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and training.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms and talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is usually moderate.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be requested to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is also understood that the company reserves the right to change work schedules as required, including overtime.
Horizons Youth Services
Why Work Here?Horizons Youth Services, which began in 1983, helps young people obtain the quality education and relevant job training skills they need to be competitive in today’s rapidly-changing job market. HYS also focuses on providing young people with important life skills and a sense of responsibility that enables them to be productive citizens who can and do improve their communities and their world. Horizons Youth Service believes that programs must focus on the entire person, not just on educational and job training skills. As a result, Horizons Youth Services has developed and operated numerous innovative youth programs throughout its 30-year history that focus on leadership training and team development, including training specifically for Student Government officers at Job Corps centers.
Great company, providing a team focused environment with excellent benefits and compensation