Horizons HRS, Ltd. is looking for experienced and well-rounded individuals for a Screw Machine Operator in Elkhart IN. Screw Machine Operators are responsible for labeling finished products and keeping track of materials used during production; they may be required to submit records regarding productivity and operation quality.
In addition, screw machine operators perform regular maintenance or repair on the screw machine, such as replacing work parts or using other machines to sharpen tools. Some jobs require screw machine operators to have experience with a particular brand of screw machine. An operator's job performance is evaluated according to their mastery of a variety of tools, the complexity of a particular job and the quality of the final product
Role and Responsibilities
- Installs and adjust cams
- Gears and stops to the screw machine and verify the positioning of cutting tools by using gauges or other instruments.
- Operators are responsible for turning the machine on and off according to safety protocols.
- During an operation, operators carefully monitor the screw machine, making changes to speed, feed rates or tool position to ensure accurate reproduction of the plans.
- After a sample part has been produced, screw machine operators verify that the part meets specifications of the blueprints by using a variety of tools, such as calipers and micrometers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous machining experience and basic understanding of CNC/CAM programming.
- Able to properly use and read measuring instruments: micrometers, calipers, go/no-go gages, etc.
- Able to read and interpret part drawings.
- Ability to work and solve problems independently.
- Possesses a strong mechanical aptitude as well as good math skills.
- Ability to work while standing for extended periods of time and capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- High School or GED Diploma preferred
Horizons HRS, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEQ/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristics as directed by law.