Horizons HRS, Ltd. is looking for an experienced, trustworthy and well-rounded individual for a Quality Control Inspector | 2nd OP for Fitech a division of Ashley Ward, Inc in Michigan City, Indiana. You will be a part of a well - established company of seasoned professionals. As the Quality Control Inspector, you will uphold the safety regulations of our company and supervise the production process to guarantee that all products meet quality expectations.
The ideal candidate should have an exemplary work ethic and meet minimum requirements. Candidates should also be motivated, well-organized, extremely thorough, and is comfortable in a variety of environments.
This role primarily serves as an inspector for routine sampling inspection in receiving, in-process, and final inspection areas. This position reports directly to the Quality Manager. Lastly, to excel in this role, the candidate should be focused and have high attention to detail and work with the highest level of integrity.
- Tests and inspects products at various stages of the product realization process and evaluates product to determine compliance to documented requirements (First Articles, Product sorting, Receiving inspection, In-process inspection on new parts or known parts with quality issues, Final Inspections).Interprets engineering drawings or blueprints and confers with management to determine quality standards.
- Performs Calibrations and/or responsible for all other aspects of gauging as assigned.
- Complete final audits daily from previous day production.
- Performs activities associated with document and data control as assigned.
- Assign gauges to machine set-ups.
- Complete reports and other records of inspection or test.
- 2nd Operation process (2nd OP)/ sorting of parts as needed for company demands. Various packing, Deburring, gaging and sorting for numerous part numbers require 2nd OP.
- All other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have basic metrology methods for manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques.
- Working knowledge of statistical methods of manufacture.
- The ability to use calipers, micrometers and other gauges preferred.
- Have the capability to read and interpret blueprints preferred.
- Excellent math and technical skills required.
- Certification in quality control preferred.
- Have the ability to be able to lift 40lbs, stand for long periods, and work at a fast pace according to the daily demands.
Horizons HRS, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEQ/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristics as directed by law.