Horizons HRS, Ltd. is looking for a trustworthy, and well-rounded individual for a Centerless Grinder Operator for Ashley Ward, Inc in Mason, Ohio. You will be a part of a well - established company of seasoned professionals.
The ideal candidate should have an exemplary work ethic and meet minimum requirements. Candidates should also be motivated, well-organized, extremely thorough, and is comfortable in a variety of environments.
This position reports directly to the Grinding Supervisor. Lastly, to excel in this role, the candidate should be focused and have high attention to detail and work with the highest level of integrity.
This position is for 2nd shift.
Centerless Grinder Set Up Operator: Centerless-grinding-machine operator sets up and operates one or more centerless grinding machines to grind external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal workpieces to blueprints specifications, following tooling instructions and standard charts and applying knowledge of grinding procedures.
- Reads blueprints or job orders for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and a number of parts to be ground and tolling instructions such as grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels top be used.
- Mounts grinding wheel and regulating wheel on spindles with wrenches.
- Dresses wheel tp specifications, using a dressing device.
- Moves control to set specified grinding speeds, feed rates, and spacing between wheel faces.
- Positions and secures work rest at a specified height, using wrenches.
- Lifts and positions workpiece manually or with hoist, and secures it between wheels and on work rest.
- Starts machine and observes operation.
- Verifies dimensions of the ground workpiece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and present gauges.
- Changes grinding wheels when worn, using wrenches.
- Follow all documented and approved quality management system requirements.
- Complete preventive maintenance activities as assigned.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Selects cutting tools by studying dimensions and tolerances of parts.
- Maintain specifications by observing operations: detecting malfunctions; adjusting controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools.
- May set up an automatic work-feeding device
- May grind nonmetallic materials
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have basic methods for manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques.
- Have the capability to read and interpret blueprints preferred.
- Excellent math and technical skills required.
- Stand for long periods, and work at a fast pace according to the daily demands.
- Have no attendance issues.
Horizons HRS, LTD policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other bases under the law. Horizons HRS, LTD policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees related to these bases. We have an Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment
Why Work Here?Horizons Staffing | Horizons HRS is one of the largest national staffing firms in the country. Horizons has a unique technology and onboarding process that allows us to have a distinct competitive advantage over traditional staffing companies. We have been named one of the top places to work in staffing and want you to join our team!
Excellent Growth Opportunity with Competitive Pay!