Horizon Solar Power is hiring for a Part Time Permit Runners to partner with the Engineering and Operations Department at the Hemet Operations Office to assist in the overall permitting process. This individual will be responsible for reviewing, dropping off, and picking up permit packages for our operations and engineering group. The permit runner will interface with various city officials and our internal design teams on technical issues when they arise.
This position will be between 8-35 hours a week based off of the needs of the company.
- Assist the Engineering Department and Operations Administrators on the permitting process
- Record and understand technical corrections as it pertains to permitting (training available)
- Work constructively and effectively with various municipal building or code departments
- Process 5-6 permit packages on a daily basis
- Travel 4-8 hours per day as needed throughout Southern California.
- Manage own time effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to follow precise directions and use all resources to solve problems
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Basic office experience is nessacary
- Ability to follow directives and communicate with upper management
- Strong attention to detail while producing accurate and high quality work
- Experience interfacing with municipality electrical and building departments (Training provided)
- Valid drivers license, liability insurance, 3+ Years of Good Driving History, and passable background check
- HS Diploma, GED or some college preferred
- Reliable transportation required for this position. (Mileage Reimbursement)
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- $12.00 an hour
- Mileage reimbursement