SUD Relief Intake Counselor
Horizon Services, Inc. San Leandro, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who are we?
Horizon Services Inc is a non-profit organization established in 1974 with the goal of reducing alcohol and other drug related problems of individuals, families, and communities. By practicing our values: Integrity, Respect, Diversity, and Quality, we can provide detox, recovery and sobering programs to support women, men, and LGBTQ clients to live a responsible and constructive life. HSI is a learning community where our collective experiences enrich each other’s growth.
How can you make a difference in people’s lives?
As an Intake Counselor; Maintain a positive welcoming client centered approach with all incoming clients. Perform daily client admissions, transfers and discharges in the electronic health records system. Provide referral services information to our clients, maintaining positive working relationships with our community providers. Reconcile daily logs, rosters to ensure daily census accuracy. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the detox center team.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Certification as Substance Abuse Counselor in CA or Registered and actively working on certification.
- Experience with Alameda County systems, Insyst, and Clinicians Gateway.
- Experience with substance use, mental health and human services direct service or supervision experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of alcoholism/addiction treatment and Motivational Interviewing concepts and techniques;
- Able to handle and de-escalate emergency situations.
- CPR/First-aid certified. / Flu vaccine required during flu season.
- Flexible schedule: must be willing to work days and nights on a rotating basis;
- If recovering alcoholic/addict must have two years of continuous sobriety
- Valid California Driver's license, excellent driving record
- Must show a demonstrated knowledge of computers; including but not limited to, data input, internet navigation, Microsoft word, etc. Ability to write clear narrative reports and treatment notes.
- Fingerprinting/Drug testing required at time of hire
Clinical/certified/registered staff receives unlimited training and CEU opportunities. And of course, the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a team of mindful, caring and passionate people at work every day!
What will you get from working here?
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. We cover 100% of medical and dental plans. Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay. Retirement benefits after one year of service. All staff members receive ongoing training relevant to the program needs and needs of the participants.
Salary up to $21/hr.
Horizon Services, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Horizon Services, Inc.
AddressSan Leandro, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Horizon Services, Inc.