Horizon Services, Inc. San Leandro, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
JOB TITLE: Intake Counselor, Full Time and Benefitted Position
LOCATION: Cherry Hill Detox, San Leandro
Who are we?
Horizon Services, Inc. (HSI) is a nonprofit established in 1974 with the goal of reducing substance use related challenges for people from all walks of life, including those from some of the most disenfranchised and marginalized communities. We practice our values of Integrity, Respect, Diversity, and Quality to provide residential treatment, withdrawal management, and sobering programs to support the well-being of women, men, youth, LGBTQ, and BIPOC clients to live healthy, fulfilling and constructive lives. HSI is an inclusive workplace and a learning community where our collective experiences enrich each other’s growth.
How can you make a difference in people’s lives?
In this role, you’ll make a difference in the lives of people with substance use challenges, and often with co-occurring conditions. You’ll use and grow your skills in compassionate care, crisis intervention and de-escalation, in a supportive and inclusive work environment. You’ll have the opportunity to help people who are just discovering possibilities in their journey, going from a place of hopelessness to a place where they are valued and have the potential for a better life.
As an Intake Counselor; Maintain a positive welcoming client centered approach with all incoming clients. Perform daily client admissions, transfers and discharges in the electronic health records system. Provide referral services information to our clients, maintaining positive working relationships with our community providers. Reconcile daily logs, rosters to ensure daily census accuracy. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the detox center team.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Certification as Substance Abuse Counselor in CA or Registered and actively working on certification. We are happy to be able to provide support with this process, both financially and help you grow your career in this field.
- Experience with Alameda County systems, Insyst, and Clinicians Gateway or or other same or similar systems.
- Experience with substance use, mental health and human services direct service or supervision experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of alcoholism/addiction treatment and Motivational Interviewing concepts and techniques;
- Able to handle and de-escalate emergency situations.
- Flexible schedule: must be willing to work days and nights on a rotating basis;
- If recovering from a substance use disorder, must have two years of continuous sobriety
- Must have some demonstrated knowledge of computers; including but not limited to, data input, internet navigation, Microsoft word, etc. Ability to write clear narrative reports and treatment notes.
What else is required?
- Valid California driver’s license with a good driving record and car insurance.
- Current CPR/First Aid certificate desirable.
- Fingerprinting/drug testing required at time of hire.
- Current flu vaccine/flu shot.
- Registration as a Drug Abuse Counselor. We are happy to support with this process, please apply and we can guide you.
Compensation and Benefits
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time and part time employees over 20 hours per week.
- 100% of medical, dental, Life and LTD for the employee and 50% for any dependents medical and dental coverage
- PTO and Holiday pay.
- Retirement benefits after 6 months of service.
- Training and CEU opportunities.
And of course, the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a team of mindful, caring and passionate people at work every day!
Horizon Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Horizon Services, Inc.
AddressSan Leandro, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Horizon Services, Inc.