Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will supervise and coordinate all Industrial Janitors and Floor Professionals, and will be responsible for creating and maintaining the cleanliness of our site facilities to the highest level.
This position is safety sensitive, and as such will require pre-employment drug, alcohol and/or fitness to work tests as a condition of employment.
Specific Responsibilities and Activities:
- Meet daily with Manager to discuss any duties or requirements pertaining to work area;
- This is a working position and requires a minimum of 50% of your time spent completing site janitorial tasks daily;
- Provide supervision, guidance and support to all Janitors;
- Provide subordinates with positive leadership and set an example of expected requirements;
- Meet daily with all Industrial Janitors to improve team communication;
- Schedule all Industrial Janitorial staff within budget parameters;
- Complete inventory and order supplies to budget parameters;
- Ensure that Janitor duties are completed in a timely and efficient manner;
- Assist Manager with all paperwork required for reporting purposes which may include time sheets, worker incident and accident reports;
- Assist with the shut-down of each site facility when required which may include, but is not limited to inventory reports and overall cleaning duties;
- Complete Quality checks using the FTQ Quality Program for Inspections and reporting;
- Observe and report any needed repairs or damages in work area to Manager;
- Comply with all WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) standards;
- Complete any other duties as assigned by Lodge Manager, General Manager, or other Managers.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in Commercial Janitorial, housekeeping or a related field of work, preferably within the camps and catering environment;
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in a senior cleaning role;
- Possess good communication, interpersonal and organization skills;
- Possess excellent customer service skills;
- Work effectively and efficiently with little or no supervision;
- Should be in good health and physical condition to perform duties assigned;
- Fluent and literate in the English language;
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) certification is mandatory;
- First Aid certification is mandatory;
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point), Basic and Advanced Food Safe training - job or site specific, will be considered an asset;
- Must possess a strong knowledge of commercial janitorial duties.
- We provide a competitive salary and benefits package, and a positive team environment.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. No telephone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Horizon North provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. We thank every applicant for their interest.