Recovery Support Specialist-SMI Adult
Horizon Health and Wellness Casa Grande, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Join the growing and changing Horizon Health and Wellness team under our new Chief Executive Officer and executive leadership team. Horizon Health and Wellness provides quality integrated services to our patients. The agency provides professional opportunities to our staff for growth and development. Our mission at Horizon Health and Wellness is to provide integrated healthcare that addresses the whole person and promotes wellness using best practices to enhance the quality of life of the individuals, families and communities we serve. With our collaborative and innovative approach, we are making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. Join our team of nearly 600 employees who share a passion for our mission and a commitment to service.
When you join our team, youre making an investment in your potential. We work with each of our employees to ensure they have the tools and resources to provide the very best patient care. From on-the-job training and training offerings to licensing and tuition reimbursement, you can grow both personally and professionally. We are committed to creating a workforce that directly reflects the diversity in the communities we serve. As a result, we actively recruit and hire individuals with various backgrounds, skills and experiences. We strongly believe this dedication to inclusion is the key to providing exceptional care.
Position are available with the SMI Adult Program.
The Recovery Support Specialists is responsible for the delivery of case management, advocacy and clinical services to probation and/or court ordered treatment participants.
- Meet emergency demands in a calm, competent, productive, and timely manner.
- Must have experience as a consumer of behavioral health services and be willing to share those experiences as a learning/teaching tool.
- Appropriately interacts with participants without regard to gender and cultural variables.
- Provide ongoing observation of all client behavior immediately reporting any potentially dangerous situations to the Program Coordinator.
- Completes clinical documentation on participants and accompanying billing documentation on a daily basis
- Provide case management services to participants.
- Ensure integrity of programs clinical standards, practices, and functions.
- Maintain documentation of case management services in the participants records.
- Provide peer support services under the concept and practice of recovery.
- Provide consultation, education and advocacy services to families and other providers.
- Works with clinical staff to assure follow-through on participant treatment plans.
- Provide regular peer support groups and individual counseling.
- Provide safe, timely transportation of clients to and from the facility as assigned, pick up participants on time, comply with safe driving practices and follow procedures forgetting emergency assistance in case of vehicle breakdown, follow behavior management procedure to control clients whose behavior is escalating, creating a threat to the safety of self or others, initiate First Aide/CPR if needed.
- Provides shift report.
- Medication monitoring.
- Provide safe, timely transportation of clients to and from the facility as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
HS diploma or GED; has been a consumer and is willing to share those experiences in peer to peer interactions. Must have Peer Support/Recovery Support Certification.
Must be 21 years of age or older.
Possess valid drivers license with acceptable driving record, home telephone, and reliable transportation.
Certification in first aid, CPR, and CPI.
Must have annual TB screening and physical exam.
Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Have availability of home telephone for easy access of Agency contact.
Able to work nights, weekends, partial shifts, holidays, and 8/10/12/16 hour shifts.
Ability to type and working knowledge/familiarity with computers and electronic clinical record keeping.
Must obtain and maintain a fingerprint clearance card and pass a background check.
Experience working in Integrated Healthcare, Behavioral Health or Residential.
Advanced knowledge of cultural diversity and sensitivity.
11 paid Holidays, choice of three (3) Medical plans, Retirement Plan (401k), Life & AD&D Plan, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, and loan repayment through the National Health Service Corp.
Make an investment in your potential by providing integrated healthcare that addresses the whole person and promotes wellness.