Warehouse Shipping Clerk
Horizon Group USA McDonough, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
A leading consumer packaged goods company that creates, develops, and manufactures fashion driven products for the mass, mid-tier, craft and specialty markets. Product lines include: Kids Arts and Craft Components, Adult Jewelry Making, Apparel Crafts, Tween Activity Kits, Creativity Toys, Fashion Stationery, Back-to-School Supplies, Pet Accessories, Novelty Programs, Celebration and Party Supplies.
Job Title: Warehouse Clerk - Monday - Friday 7AM-3:30PM
Reports To: Shipping Supervisor
Location: McDonough, GA
Horizon Group USA (HGUSA) is a leading arts and craft and fashion consumer product company. We develop and distribute a large scope of categories from fashionable jewelry and apparel crafts to seasonal stationery & impulse products.
Originally established as a decorative trim supplier in 1912, Horizon Group leveraged its craft heritage, and refaced the company in 2003. Now recognized as a leading source for children's activities, creative crafts and fashion impulse products, the company serves a broad range of ages in the creative marketplace.
Horizon develops products under its own recognized brands such as Just My Style, It's So Me! & Made By Me! With over 5,000 products in the market place, distributed in over 50 retail chains ranging from mass to specialty, you are sure to have seen our success in building products for creative minds.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Reporting to Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Clerk is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the shipping department to:
- Ships individual product orders
- Wraps, ties, or places material in envelopes, boxes, or other containers
- Stamps, types, or writes addresses on packaged materials
- Forwards packages by mail, messenger, or through message center
- Keeps records of sent materials, requisitions and stores materials to maintain stock
- Ships single orders by hand
- Stocks shipping station with supplies
- Maintains shipping area and equipment
- Wraps product (gaylord/s) for shipment at the end of the day
- Receives inventory into the Company’s system in a timely manner to expedite shipment of new materials
- Other duties as required and assigned
- At least 6 month of experience working within the logistics or compliance industry
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within an shipping and logistics environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a proactive attitude a must
- Inventory management and auditing experience preferred
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Horizon Group USA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Horizon Group USA