Sr. Automation Engineer (DeltaV)
Horizon Controls Group
- Posted: over a month ago
The Senior Automation Engineer will provide strong technical leadership in the execution of automation projects.
• Generate Functional Specifications for the DeltaV DCS system for both S88 physical model and procedural model.
• Support existing DeltaV SME with day-to-day tasks and projects assigned by SME.
• Small Batch process improvement / process reliability projects supporting existing process.
• Projects to interface existing process (interlocking) with other (utility processes).
• Support during installation / checkout of (1) new skid based process (single DeltaV controller).
• Ability to create / edit GxP documents as necessary to support assigned work.
• Review design specifications and test specifications for all aspects of code development.
• Execute software test protocols at software factory acceptance tests.
• Provide automation support for vendor FATS as part of a cross disciple team.
• Adhere to good manufacturing and good documentation practice.
• Review commissioning documentation for compliance with; specifications and user requirements; safety requirements; Legislation; Codes of Practice and good engineering principles.
• Commissioning engineering activities - carry out site acceptance testing and executing commissioning and qualification in accordance with relevant commissioning procedures and protocols.
• Raise and process change requests involving hardware / software changes.
• Use technical knowledge to assure the efficient operation of a variety of automated processing and information technology systems.
• Understand and support all safety, and environmental regulations.
• Good team player with a proven ability to Interact and communicate regularly with cross discipline teams such as operations, manufacturing, and quality representatives to achieve common goals.
• Periodically review automation document and revise or develops automation SOPs.
• Communicates periodically with project manager with concise project reports.
• May be asked to provide training and serve as a technical resource for junior engineers.
• Must be capable of leading a team of engineers.
• May be required to act as a subject matter expert for technical consultancy meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Science, or Information technology or work equivalence
• Minimum of 5-10 years of experience as an automation development engineer
• Experience with the following platforms is desired: Emerson DeltaV
• Batch Processing and S88 standard
• Knowledge of GAMP standard
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands.
Horizon Controls Group
ManufacturingView all jobs at Horizon Controls Group