JOB TITLE: Dispatcher, Customer Service
LOCATION: Wilmington, MA (15 miles north of Boston)
The Customer Service Dispatcher works in a customer service capacity scheduling and maintaining customer assignments in a fast paced environment and under tight deadlines. Strong work ethic, ability to learn and think quickly and creatively are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accepts customer requests via phone, e-mail and customer web portals.
- Creates work orders in the customer software and monitors their progress.
- Prioritizes and dispatches calls in accordance with customer specifications and is aware of customer priorities and deadlines.
- Coordinates with the Parts Department related to the re-scheduling of calls with parts ordered and back-ordered.
- Responsible for knowledge of customer/project requirements and parameters necessary for valid customer billing and works with Service Technicians to ensure compliance.
- Constantly monitors/processes/responds to e-mail, customer portals, the prioritization of calls to be dispatched and the status of incomplete calls.
- Teamwork and constant communication with co-dispatchers, other departments, service technicians via phone and email.
- Prior dispatch experience in a service-oriented environment is highly desirable (HVAC/R, Telecom, Equipment Repair).
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, completeness and absorbing incoming information.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high volume business, to value and acknowledge the need for team work, and also to be an independent decision maker.
- Responsible for making decisions based on geographical knowledge, knowledge of customer requirements and knowledge of service technician strengths and capabilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office software especially Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Reliable attendance is a must.
This is a Full-Time, 40 hour per week position with occasional available overtime. A competitive compensation and benefits package is included.