Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Lynchburg, VA 24501
The Systems Analyst /Developer is responsible for the design and development of agency-wide software applications in various programming languages within behavioral health programs and administrative units. This position serves an important role in the implementation of MIS/EHR features and modules including customization of data elements and file formats, data process design, and development of an electronic clinical record.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Science.
- Four years of experience in computer science or an equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Experience with at least one scripting language and development of software applications.
- Applicants with SQL and business intelligence reports development experience are highly desired.
The System Analyst/Developer works collaboratively with another System Analyst/Developer and a System Analyst, and reports to the Systems Development Manager, and is responsible for the following:
- REPORTS: Responsible for developing reports and dashboards for business needs using Transact SQL and/or Microsoft Business Intelligence services in SQL.
- DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT: Responsible for the design and development of agency-wide software applications; Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications; Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications for other systems analyst positions; Programming, configuring and customizing the agency’s electronic clinical applications; Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines; Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades; Analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide status reports where required.
- DATABASE UPDATES: Responsible for maintaining and updating database tables by developing SQL stored procedures and scripts.
- USER SUPPORT: Serve on work groups to identify system requirements based on user needs, state regulation changes, agency changes and needs; Responsible for monitoring and solving user problems and issues related to agency software applications
Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge and understanding of comprehensive Management Information Systems Working technical knowledge of a variety of programming languages and concepts, including but not limited to HTML, Visual Basic, PHP, Java script, and .NET, Business Intelligence. Full understanding of database structures and complex T SQL programming. Ability to communicate technical ideas and concepts effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to establish effective working relationships with others. Ability to apply technical information and skills to various systems and networks in use with ease. Willing and available to work modified schedules (weekends, holiday, etc.) as required. Ability to drive and must possess a valid driver's license. May be required to travel to different Horizon worksites during the day based on operational needs or provide admin support at other locations. Regular attendance at trainings and Horizon meetings may require travel to a variety of Horizon sites.
Horizon Behavioral Health is celebrating 50 years of being the primary public behavioral healthcare provider in Central Virginia serving individuals with mental health and substance use disorders, as well as individuals with developmental disabilities. Horizon was named Best Place to Work in 2018 by Lynchburg Business Magazine.
We offer a generous benefit package that includes participation in the Virginia Retirement System; life, health, dental, and vision insurance; annual leave, sick leave and holidays. Horizon participates in the NHSC, as well as PSLF educational loan forgiveness programs. If you are interested in continuing your education, working at Horizon qualifies you to receive discounts at some local universities.
To Apply – Please visit www.HorizonBH.org
Horizon Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)