Earliest available start date: June 10th, 2019
Schedule: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), 12 hour shifts 7:00 pm -7:30 am. May be scheduled for 8 hours at times of need. Will be scheduled on monthly schedule and also must be available to fill in for sick calls, vacations. Position requires availability on weekdays and weekends.
Location: Lynchburg, VA 24504
**Multiple RN positions available - click HERE to access other open RN positions, or see career center.**
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program and a licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia or appropriate multi-state license. BSN preferred.
- One year of experience providing nursing services as an RN is required.
The Registered Nurse - Crisis Stabilization unit is responsible for the overall medical care of assigned individuals, including the service delivery of basic nursing assessments; delivery of client/family education and diagnostic procedures; consultation with physicians; and carrying out of doctor's orders.
This position will work in a clinical setting, report to the Director of Adult Psychiatric Services, and will be responsible for the following:
- NURSING SERVICES: Completes Service Specific Assessments for services in identified services portfolio. Completes service specific treatment plans for consumers in detox program; Provide direct/ client related services based in accordance with productivity standards as documented in Credible; Provides recommendations to meet client needs for appropriate internal programs or external community services; Checks vital signs of individuals prior to appointment with the Doctor.
- MEDICATION MANAGEMENT: Works with doctors to ensure medications are administered correctly; Follows up with Doctors on medication inquires presented by individuals receiving services; Completes prescription refill requests in accordance with regulations and HBH policies; Responsible for completing prior authorizations, as needed; Administers medications as ordered by provider; Ensures medication reconciliation is maintained.
- MISCELLANEOUS RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for familiarizing self with training requirements as assigned on Horizon Learning Management System and completing within assigned deadlines. Responsible to access Horizon's LMS and accept individual responsibility to complete all trainings on time. This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Horizon reserves the right to revise the job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of community mental health and public health in order to provide advocacy and enhance an individual’s treatment and access to community resources. Knowledge of the principles, procedures, techniques, trends, and literature related to mental health, physical health, intellectual disabilities and substance abuse. Knowledge of mental health and detox substance abuse protocols. Skill to administer medications as prescribed. Skill to produce, read, and relay medical lab results. Ability to participate in and successfully pass behavioral intervention training; includes both verbal de-escalation skills and physical skills techniques to be utilized with consumers as needed. Ability to record data and complete documentation within established expectations and by communicated deadlines. Willing and able to work modified schedules (weekends, holiday, etc.) as required. Ability to drive and must possess a valid driver’s license. May be called upon to travel to any Horizon worksite; transport clients, provide services to client @other locations. Regular attendance at trainings and Horizon meetings may require travel to a variety of Horizon sites.
Horizon Behavioral Health is celebrating 50 years of being the primary public behavioral healthcare provider in Central Virginia serving individuals with mental health and substance use disorders, as well as individuals with developmental disabilities. Horizon is the proud recipient of the 2016 Giving Back award, has been named Best of Counseling Services in Lynchburg VA in 2017 and 2018, and most recently named Best Place to Work in 2018.
We offer a generous benefit package that includes participation in the Virginia Retirement System; life, health, dental, and vision insurance; annual leave, sick leave and holidays. Horizon participates in the NHSC, as well as PSLF educational loan forgiveness programs. If you are interested in continuing your education, working at Horizon qualifies you to receive discounts at some local universities.
To Apply – visit our online career center @ www.HorizonBH.org
Horizon Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)