Earliest Available Start Date: July 7th, 2019
Hours: Full-time or Hourly available (minimum of 30 hours, up to max of 37.5 hours per week), exact hours and number of shifts will be established dependent on preference of candidate.
Location: Bedford VA, 24523
Required Education and Experience:
- Master of Science degree from an accredited college/university in Nursing/PMHNP. Licensure as a Board Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with minimum education as determined and required by the relevant licensing board.
- One year of relevant experience as a Nurse Practitioner, providing psychiatric care to an adult population with a mental health diagnosis.
The Nurse Practitioner - will provide psychiatric evaluations and medication management for an adult consumer population. They will create a plan of care and treatment, collaborating with other programs and portfolios as needed to ensure effective and efficient service delivery to those receiving services.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will work in a clinical environment serving an adult population under supervision of the Director of Adult Psychiatric Services, and will be responsible for the following:
- PSYCHIATRIC SERVICES: Provides direct clinical services to clients; Provides psychiatric evaluations, consultations, and medication management services to clients; Maintain license in accordance to regulations.
- LEADERSHIP: Participates in Horizon Behavioral Health initiatives; Fosters collaborative relationships with employees at every level of the organization; promoting unity and one Horizon; Participates in Quality Improvement Committee and Peer review activities requiring medical review as assigned; Provides consultation for all mental health, Intellectual disability, and substance abuse programs; Provides consultation as a part of the multidisciplinary team; Provides medical communication with nurses; Prepares accurate and confidential reports and records including medication reviews, progress notes, discharge summary; Participates in both internal and external committee meetings as assigned and/or as assigned; Assist with coverage in the absence of other medical providers.
Serves as a Horizon representative on behalf of the program and participates in meetings and presentations as requested; Serves as a subject matter expert and offers ideas, suggestions, and different options to help Horizon best serve the community.
- MISCELLANEOUS RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for familiarizing self with training requirements as assigned on Horizon Learning Management System and completing within assigned deadlines. Responsible to access Horizon's LMS and accept individual responsibility to complete all trainings on time; Maintains active licensure or certification; meets requirements in accordance with Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services regulations; Committee/Meeting participation: Actively participates, solution oriented, and focuses on constructive problem solving, as assigned; Completes other duties and projects as assigned. This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Horizon reserves the right to revise the job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of community mental health and public health; Knowledge of the principles, procedures, techniques, trends, and literature related to mental health, intellectual disabilities and substance abuse; Knowledge of philosophies, practices, policies and outcomes of models of treatment recovery, relapse prevention, and continuing care for dual diagnosis populations; Understanding of diagnostic criteria for dual conditions and ability to conceptualize modalities and placement criteria within the continuum of care; Knowledge of psychiatric/medical medications/treatments; Skill to analyze situations accurately and develop appropriate responses or techniques; Skill to use database systems and software to efficiently and effectively meet documentation needs; Ability to identify and measure outcomes; Ability to participate in and successfully pass behavioral intervention training; includes both verbal de-escalation skills and physical skills techniques to be utilized with consumers as needed.
Horizon Behavioral Health, founded in 1969, is the premier behavioral healthcare provider in Central Virginia. Horizon serves approximately 15,000 adults, children and families each year in Lynchburg and the surrounding counties. Horizon was voted by the readers of Lynchburg Living Magazine as Best of Lynchburg in 2017 for counseling services in Lynchburg.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes participation in the Virginia Retirement System; life, health, dental, and vision insurance; annual leave, sick leave and holidays. In addition, Horizon locations are approved NHSC sites, as well as qualified for PSLF loan forgiveness programs. We also offer tuition discounts with major local universities.
To Apply - visit our online career center @ www.HorizonBH.org
Horizon Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)