Earliest Available Start Date: Aug 5th, 2019
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week over 2 days, 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. (flexible), Tuesday and Thursday (flexible)
Location: Lynchburg, VA 24501
The Nurse Practitioner - Region 1 provides medical evaluations and mental health medical management to children in crisis across 8 community CSBs, utilizing telemedicine. They will perform psychiatric evaluation with assessment and create plan of care and treatment, working in close cooperation with clinicians and case managers.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master of Science degree from an accredited college/university in Nursing/PMHNP. Licensure as a Board Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with minimum education as determined and required by the relevant licensing board.
- One year of relevant experience as a Nurse Practitioner, providing psychiatric care to a child population with a mental health diagnosis.
The Region 1 Nurse Practitioner will report to the Director of Region 1 and REACH working with a child population, and will be responsible for the following:
- DOCUMENTATION: Prepares accurate and confidential reports and records, including medication reviews, progress notes, discharge summaries, psychiatric evaluations, and informed consent. Provides evaluations concerning proficiency of clinical workers upon the request of the Program Director.
- LEADERSHIP: Participates in Quality Improvement Committee and Peer review activities requiring medical review. Provides consultation for all mental health, Intellectual disability, and substance abuse programs. Provides department wide supervision and training on selected topics as needed. Provides medical supervision for nurses. Provides input regarding personnel action. Prepares accurate and confidential reports and records including medication reviews, progress notes, discharge summaries, psychiatric evaluations, and informed consent.
- PSYCHIATRIC SERVICES: Provides direct clinical services to clients. Provides psychiatric and medication evaluations. Provides psychiatric evaluations, consultations, and medication management services to clients.
Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
•Ability to communicate effectively through all methods of communication. •Ability to identify and measure outcomes. •Ability to record data and complete documentation within established expectations and by communicated deadlines. •Ability to respond effectively to changes in the work environment in a positive and professional manner. •Ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative team environment. •Knowledge of community mental health and public health. •Knowledge of the principles, procedures, techniques, trends, and literature related to mental health, intellectual disabilities and substance abuse. •Knowledge of psychiatric/medical medications/treatments. •Knowledge of database systems and software, as well as, the best practices for effective utilization •Skill to analyze situations accurately and develop appropriate responses or techniques. •Skill to use database systems and software to efficiently and effectively meet documentation needs.
Horizon Behavioral Health is celebrating 50 years of being the primary public behavioral healthcare provider in Central Virginia serving individuals with mental health and substance use disorders, as well as individuals with developmental disabilities. Horizon is the proud recipient of the 2016 Giving Back award, has been named Best of Counseling Services in Lynchburg VA in 2017 and 2018, and most recently named Best Place to Work in 2018.
We offer a generous benefit package that includes participation in the Virginia Retirement System; life, health, dental, and vision insurance; annual leave, sick leave and holidays. Horizon participates in the NHSC, as well as PSLF educational loan forgiveness programs. If you are interested in continuing your education, working at Horizon qualifies you to receive discounts at some local universities.
To Apply – Please visit our online career center @ www.HorizonBH.org
Horizon Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)