Horizon Behavioral Health, PC is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our rapidly growing private practice in our Hinesville office. We offer a 40-hour work week with no call or weekend duties. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes but is not limited to Paid Time Off, CME Stipend, Medical, Vision and Dental insurance.
- Performs initial and ongoing psychiatric and physical assessment of patient’s psychosocial, medical and physical status including: dictation H&P, and recording progress notes on adults and children of all ages.
- Diagnose and determine the appropriate medical management and treatment of patient being seen for initial evaluation.
- Provide follow-up medical management and treatment of previously diagnosed conditions.
- Implement physician directed and initiated treatment plans recorded as verbal orders to be countersigned.
- Must report to the physician/employer medical regiments they have relayed while the physician was not physically present.
- Prescribe and dispense medication for a patient who is under the care of physician/employer.
- Interpret and analyze patient data to determine patient status, patient management and treatment.
- Educate patients and/or families to promote wellness, prevent health problems, maintain current health and intervene appropriately in acute/chronic illness.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current and emerging trends in techniques, issues and approaches in the mental health field.
- Diagnose and complete the equivalent of an initial psychiatric evaluation and develop a problem list thereby establishing a psychiatric diagnosis using the DSM-IV/DSM-V criteria and determine appropriate medical management and treatment of patient.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of medications, with their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects and correct administration.
- Educates patients and/or families as to the nature of disease, provides instruction on proper care, self-management and treatment, and works with patient to develop an individualized care plan.
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm and effective in emergency situations and establish a leadership role in an emergency.
- Follows practice policy in regards to charting and maintaining patient records in EMR.
- Follows practice policy in responding to patient communications.
- Communicates medical information to professional practitioners and/or the general public.
- Maintains current CPR and other certification and is aware of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Maintains strict confidentiality, and treats staff, physicians, visitors and patients with dignity and respect.
- Performs other related work as required.
- NP will not be required to provide inpatient/hospital or on-call duties.
- Must be a licensed or able to obtain license as PMHNP-BC in the state of Georgia
Horizon Behavioral Health is a multi-specialty behavioral health practice specializing in the treatment of ADHD and Depression. We treat patients of all ages with a comprehensive team approach that includes two staff psychiatrists and mid-level providers for Medication Management, staff psychologists and staff therapists. Horizon Behavioral Health has three offices in the Savannah/Hinesville/Rincon Georgia area.