HR Generalist - Human Resources Generalist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision,
Horizon America Staffing is a privately owned, minority business enterprise, light industrial staffing firm. Our Headquarters is located in Vineland NJ, and we have offices through Central and South NJ, Philadelphia, Harrisburg PA, Texas, Indiana and Florida. We are rapidly growing and are looking to hire our first HR Generalist. This is a new role in our company. This position will sit in our Iselin NJ office, but travel to our other offices may be necessary.
We are looking for a positive, inquisitive HR Generalist, who loves streamlining processes and problem solving. Someone who will take HR duties off of the Director's plate while ensuring that HR operates efficiently and smoothly as directed. In addition, our new HR Generalist will support ownership, management, general managers regarding HR matters and a few office tasks.
This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, must have excellent attention to detail, is able to work independently with little or no supervision, and enjoys the challenges of supporting a company of diverse people. Someone who enjoys going home knowing they put their best foot forward and made a difference by supporting a company and its people. Must have 3-5 years' experience as an HR Generalist or Business Partner
Duties and Responsibilities - include but are not limited to the following:
Provides HR support for both internal and external employees.
Assist with managing HR for the company, develop and maintain office and company policies, update company employee. Organize and keep employee files, payroll, operations, discipline, onboarding, orientation and training and other procedures, as necessary.
Handle internal inquiries.
Develop and streamline company policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately after approval and make sure all files are complete and organized as expected.
Ensure annual employee performance reviews are completed in a timely manner
Manage internal staff relations and maintain a positive working environment while follow company core values. Recognize employee birthdays, anniversaries company wide.
Process internal payroll.
Other duties may be assigned based on the needs of the company in any department, as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field, HR SHRM certifications required.
· Ability to show thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations through questions, discussions and completed tasks
· Very strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills are essential
· Ownership of job responsibilities with personal pride and accountability
· Experience with multiple locations and/or departments preferred but not required
· Very prompt, hardworking and loves what they do
· Ability to work independently with little supervision required
· Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information
· Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve in a busy, fast paced environment
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point is essential
· Excellent time, leadership, and management skills
· Efficient in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong professionalism and organizational and planning skills
Bilingual English / Spanish required
Horizon America Staffing
200 Middlesex - Essex Turnpike Iselin NJ 08830Iselin, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?