- Posted: over a month ago
A leader in the Biostimulant industry, Horizon Ag-Products began manufacturing soluble humus products for Agriculture in 1983. Based in Lakewood, CO, we are a recognized leader in our industry. With approximately 100 employees, we operate six manufacturing plants in six states and several surface mines. We strongly believe our products are of significant benefit to mankind and we make them better than anyone else in the world. We support a lifestyle of balanced priorities where everyone works hard and enjoys themselves and each other. We look out for one another and cherish the caring attitude and respect we have for one another in the workplace and beyond. Above all else, we conduct ourselves with integrity and follow the guiding principles outlined on our website, www.horizonag.com.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for production and distribution of our product line, which includes controlling the inventory and maintaining the facility and equipment.
Essential Skills and Functions: The employee shall work well under pressure to meet multiple deadlines. At all times, the employee shall demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisor, colleagues, and all guests to Horizon’s site, which includes vendors, drivers, and customers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manufacturing the products according to specifications, which includes writing purchases order for ordering and receiving of raw materials
- Packaging the products for delivery, which includes loading and unloading trucks and using pallet jacks
- Delivering the products when necessary and arrange transport for shipping, which includes writing a bill of lading for products shipped from manufacturing site
- Operates and maintains a company vehicle and forklift in good working condition
- Inventory Control: Daily checks and month-end reports are required to assure that sufficient materials are available
- Quality Control: Includes testing the product during manufacturing and shipping samples for lab tests
- Machinery and Equipment Maintenance: Clean and repair as needed to assure efficient production of products
- Facility Maintenance: Clean warehouse, office, and surrounding yard area to maintain a professional and orderly appearance
- Works well with area salespeople and other Horizon personnel to make sure they succeed
- Attends monthly safety meetings
- Computer skills for maintaining inventory records (Excel) and emailing (Microsoft Outlook)
Physical requirements and skills of the position
- Lifting capacity between 75-100 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladders
- General knowledge of machinery operation & repair
- Ability to operate a forklift and pass forklift training
- Must have valid driver’s license and pass drug screening as required
Key personality attributes of the position
- Effectively communicates internal through teamwork with all employees, management, and owners
- Able to deal with external business entities effectively, positively, and professionally such as vendors, customers, and truck drivers
- Expediently resolves issues and follows through on details
- Exhibits patience, professionalism, and courtesy in internal and external communications
- Encourages a positive and flexible working environment
12 Hour Shifts, 4-6 days/week (Days and Nights)
Horizon Ag Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?