Functional Safety Engineer
Horiba Instruments Sunnyvale, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, “JOY and FUN,” we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. “HORIBARIANs,” the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
HORIBA Automotive Test Systems is a leading supplier in the fields of engine test systems, driveline test systems, brake test systems, wind tunnel balances and emissions test systems. More than just the world's leading supplier of emissions testing systems, HORIBA ATS is able to provide total solutions to its customers, with full turnkey capability.
Our North American Automotive Test Systems group is searching for a Functional Safety Engineer to analyze automotive hardware and software requirements and evaluate designs from a functional safety perspective. If you have passion for cars and want to be part of an ever changing industry to keep you on your toes, please keep reading and visit our corporate website www.horiba.com to learn more.
- Assisting senior engineers/consultants with various engineering tasks required to support customers’ implementation of ISO 26262 for functional safety.
- Utilizing your existing and new skills to manage challenging stakeholders who can have diverse objectives with pressure to deliver results
- Working closely with the existing company electrical/electronic development teams (systems, hardware, embedded software, integration)
- Coordinating with supplier management teams
- Assisting in deliver to time, cost and quality in regard to the functional safety process
- Contributing to the functional (including safety) requirements deck through application of a rigorous analysis process
- Contributing to architectural design and evaluation for functional safety acceptability
- Executing specific safety analyses (H&R, FMEA, FMEDA, DFA, and quantitative FTA) under appropriate guidance
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, electronics engineering or closely related field.
- Knowledge of systems engineering, embedded software (firmware development) or hardware electronics development, preferably for safety related systems.
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please email Jo Brodbeck or call (248) 925-1012 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.