Accountant, Cost I
Horiba Instruments Irvine, CA
- Posted: 29 days ago
HORIBA is a global group of companies that develops, manufactures and provides an extensive array of analytical and measurement equipment to countries around the world. HORIBA INSTRUMENTS INCORPORATED (HII) corporate offices are located in Irvine, CA.
Our Shared Services Accounting team located at our corporate office in Irvine, CA is searching for a Cost Accountant to perform professional cost accounting functions requiring thorough knowledge of cost accounting methods, principles and practices. He/she will compute unit costs of company products or services, establish cost standards and evaluate business cost processes for opportunities for improvements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in developing standard cost and labor and overhead rates
- Performs analysis of product and project costs including material variances and labor efficiencies
- Performs physical inventory count reconciliations
- Assists in month end general ledger close and prepare journal entries
- Performs account reconciliations
- Assists in the preparation of budget, forecast and variance analysis
- Develops financial system improvements/ upgrades/ controls
- Develops process improvements and/or procedural controls
- Assists in preparing income statements, balance sheets, and other internal and external financial reporting
- Supports financial reviews and audits conducted by independent auditors
- Other cost and general accounting responsibilities and special projects as required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to accurately apply cost accounting knowledge and methodologies.
- Ability to effectively interact with department managers, regulatory agents, and auditors.
- Ability to develop and analyze variance data and budget data.
- Ability to research/investigate questionable transactions and make correcting entries if required.
- Knowledge of core accounting principles, practices and financial concepts.
- Possess strong mathematical and analytical skills with excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance a must.
- Minimum four years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably with standard cost and job cost.
- SAP FI/CO experience preferred.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: HORIBA Instruments Incorporated offers a competitive compensation package that includes 401(k) plan with employer match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 446-7422 ext 1113 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Horiba Instruments