- Posted: over a month ago
We’re growing! Apply now and be part of a world-renowned, award-winning team!
Precinmac is a leading supplier of mission-critical, precision machined components used in the aerospace and defense, semiconductor, and automation equipment sectors. We specialize in manufacturing uniquely designed high tolerance precision machined components and assemblies, with a focus on continuous improvement, on-time delivery, and the highest possible quality and consistency.
Location: Hoppe Technologies Inc. (Chicopee, MA)
Title of position: Welder Operator
Position type: Full Time
Description of Responsibilities:
Hoppe Technologies, located in Chicopee, Massachusetts, is currently recruiting and hiring a Welder Operator. Hoppe celebrated its 80th anniversary last year, and we are an established machine shop operating 24/7 and serving (primarily) the aerospace, defense, and semiconductor industries. We are continually upgrading and adding new machines to our shop. A recent acquisition is a Lincoln Electric FAB-PAK, GMAW (MIG) robotic welding system. Responsibilities of the Welder Operator position include, but are not limited to;
- Fixture components and operate GMAW (MIG) robotic welding system to produce finished welds and complete parts.
- Fixture completed parts in manually-operated hydraulic equipment to straighten and square them to meet blueprint requirements.
- Inspect completed parts to confirm conformance to blueprint requirements.
- Sand, clean and visually inspect welds and then complete minor weld touch-ups using Millermatic TIG Welder.
- Complete Visible Dye Penetrant Limited Level II Non-Destructive Testing process on each part.
- Complete glass bead blast on all part surfaces to produce final surface condition on the part.
- Use band saw to cut parts and create cross-sections to send out for periodic outside testing.
- Become cross-trained in other shop operations such as deburring and assembly and take on non-welding jobs as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Detect and report machine and equipment malfunctions to immediate supervisor.
- Communicate with supervisor for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Complete daily and weekly preventative maintenance checklists on assigned equipment.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company AS9100 quality program and procedures, company policies and Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum of two years’ experience (or educational equivalent) operating robotic or manual welding equipment. Ability to program robotic welding equipment a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical/Vocational training in welding is desired.
- Proficient in assigned welding techniques.
- Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.).
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and welding specifications with an ability to use rulers, calipers, and micrometers to check part dimensions.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to communicate in English (both oral and written) as it relates to the job.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry, and algebra.
For information on Precinmac, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.precinmac.com
Precinmac is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
ConstructionView all jobs at Hoppe