Hopewell Nursery is a wholesale grower of trees, shrubs, roses and perennials providing quality live goods to retailers throughout the region. We are seeking friendly, enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals with some knowledge of trees, shrubs, perennials and roses to provide customer service and sales support for our product in a big box garden center environment. The ideal candidate enjoys working outside in a busy environment, excels at customer service, is highly motivated, communicates effectively and able to work independently.
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES
· Meet and greet all customers that show interest in our department in the garden center.
· Provide friendly consistent customer service to ensure a successful quality shopping experience to each customer. This includes assisting customers by answering all product related and general gardening questions.
· Maintain and increase knowledge of our product line by each category.
· Communicate in a timely manner with your Hopewell Nursery Regional Sales representative any inventory needs and any quality issues that you identify.
· Help to facilitate and streamline customer’s special order requests to increase sales, this includes interaction with the PRO desk for PRO customer orders as well.
· Assist in maintaining a safe shopping environment for the customers, this includes but is not limited to, sweeping up and removal of trash and debris in our sales footprint.
· As needed general maintenance of plants including but not limited to dead heading, trimming and weeding to ensure optimal product appearance and quality.
· Consistent knowledge of your Plan O gram footprint and location of our product in the garden center for quick and efficient assistance to our customers.
· Informed of sale items and location inside the garden center to direct customers quickly to our specials.
· Inform HWN sales rep & service team of stressed product due to watering issues that need to be addressed
· Flexibility to work varied schedules including one weekend day and holidays.
· The ability to communicate effectively with Hopewell Nursery Sales representatives, The Home Depot management and associates.
· Candidate must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to lift up to 50 pounds throughout the day in order to assist customers with their purchases.
· Reliable transportation and willingness to travel .
· Willingness to work in all types of weather.