HopeHealth is seeking an experienced Referral Coordinator. This position will be based in Providence, RI.
The Referral Coordinator provides timely, responsive customer focused and customer friendly service to all referral sources, patients, families, staff, students, vendors and visitors contracting the organization. Acts as a liaison for customer calls to coordinate visits with the Care Transition RN, Care Transition Coordinator and/or Admissions RN.
This is a part-time position working 16 hours per week. The hours are flexible, preferably afternoon. Weekend and holiday rotation is required.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- First point of contact for incoming patients and family members. Provides patients and/or family members with an overview hospice philosophy and services available.
- Schedule visits for all inquiry and referral callers within required timeframe. Dispatch visits to liaisons, representative and admissions nurse. Follow up on pending patients and non-admissions. Communicates prospective patient updates to appropriate referral sources.
- Basic understanding of medical benefits and services as it applies to hospice services. Escalates more complex cases to Admissions Coordinator. Remain current on the changes to health insurance benefits that patient may be eligible for.
- Follow policies and procedures for referral call and admissions management. Obtain information and accurately complete all documentation, forms, and logs for referral calls and admissions processing. Dispatch information and coordinate visit schedules for visiting pre-admission staff.
- Communicate with referral source, DME, pharmacy, and other vendors to process all certifications, orders, and required admission information. Communicate with patient accounts to verify insurance and authorize care. Meet 24/7 call and visiting standards.
- Facilitate equipment and other admission orders as needed. Obtain and enter prospective and admitted patient demographic information and status updates into patient database in a timely and accurate manner.
- Facilitate processing of admission documents from referral call through transfer to appropriate care team.
- Help resolve referral and admissions scheduling issues and customer complaints through direct communication with the referral sources, admissions team, Admissions and Referral Center Manager, and other managers as needed.
- Make follow up calls for referral inquiries within required time.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent plus additional specialized training.
- 1 3 years' experience in customer service or related field.
- Strong active listening skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Be able to work independently and meet with families in a variety of locations, including homes, hospitals, and nursing homes.
- Must be able to travel the state of Rhode Island.
HopeHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer