Overview of Position:
Data specialist responsibilities include conducting lifecycle review of data to include requirements, activities and design. Data specialists will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
Education / Qualifications:
BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or related field.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Proven working experience as a data specialist or business data specialist
Working knowledge or training regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
Essential job functions:
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Financial Analytics or Director of Clinical Analytics, incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
· Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
· Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct problems
· Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
· Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and
· Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
· Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
· Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
· Other duties as assigned.
Ability to take initiative and handle various tasks simultaneously while working efficiently, effectively, and independently under minimal supervision. Knowledge of adult learning principles, management leadership principles, and community resources. Knowledge of policies, standards, regulations, and protocols. Knowledge of databases and EHR system.
Must have direct client contact in order to provide program activities. Must be willing to lift 30+pounds. Sitting, stooping, squatting, standing required. Long periods on a computer are expected