Overview of Position:
Serves in a managerial role, particularly relating to clinical services. Responsible for the management and supervision of the medical
clinic. Assists Practice Administrator with the implementation of the Quality Management Plan that ensures current standards of care are being met. Makes sure that the agency operates according to OSHA regulations. Provides nursing care to clinic patients. Works closely with the clinical staff.
This person will be a graduate of an accredited nursing program and licensed by the state of South Carolina as an LPN. or Certified Medical Assistant. Must have strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to perform effectively in a stressful environment, handle multiple tasks, and work together with other members of a team. Must be organized and possess strong time management skills.
I. Responsible for the supervision and management of the medical clinic:
· Consults with the Practice Administrator on issues pertaining to the clinic and incorporates recommendations as appropriate.
· Works with the Practice Administrator to develop and implement policies and procedures relating to clinic flow and clinic functions.
· Assists Practice Administrator with the development and implementation of the Quality Management Plan that addresses clinical
outcomes, standards of care, medication adherence and patient satisfaction.
· Ensures that the clinic meets OSHA, DHEC and other regulatory standards, including policies pertaining to infection control
and universal precautions.
· Provides general oversight into the day-to-day clinic activities such as the scheduling of appointments and the organization
of the clinic.
· Works in the clinic as needed to assist the other clinic personnel, including handling sick calls, working up patients and/ or assisting
with medical follow-up.
II. Supervision of the clinic and front office staff:
· Holds individual supervisory conferences with each subordinate monthly. Must document these encounters for the employees
· Carries out day-to-day supervision of all clinic staff.
· Updates job descriptions, sets goals and objectives (planning activities), and performs annual evaluation on all clinic staff.
III. Responsible for a wide range of additional responsibilities that aid the Practice Administrator and lead to agency efficiency:
· Attends meetings and participates in statewide committees.
· Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
· Manages the employee health program to include: TB screenings, Hep. B vaccinations, OSHA training (exposure control and PEP).
IV. Other duties as assigned.