Plant Controller (manufacturing)
Hope and Associates Cleveland, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Plant Controller has oversight for critical manufacturing site located in Cleveland, Ohio. This person leads, directs and develops the Senior Accountant at the facility.
The Controller will actively partner with the Operating teams, sales, manufacturing and General Managers of the applicable business units to continuously provide critical information, unbiased facts, risks and opportunities and ownership/championing of action planning to enhance growth and operating results. Relentlessly provide controllership guidance to ensure absolute financial integrity. Directs the activities of staff ensuring completion of tasks and attainment of departmental goals. Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions to complex business issues. Operates as a recognized expert and leads functional teams.
The Controller will work with the Global Manufacturing Finance teams to drive continuous improvements across the manufacturing finance space focusing on driving operational performance, key financial processes, reporting and organizational design and structure looking for ways to enhance the analytical capabilities of the finance teams in order to drive operational performance.
· The candidate will be a proven finance leader with 8+ years of progressively responsible financial and accounting leadership experience with global, manufacturing-driven organizations. He or she will have ideally worked in a public company so will be familiar with the cadence and requirements of a publicly reporting organization. An undergraduate in finance or accounting is required. An MBA and/or CPA is preferred but not required.
· Experience in a company known for having a “state-of-the-art” supply chain. Understand what is happening in Supply Chain – e.g. outsourcing/core competence - context and why -outside, best practice company experience (why we're going outside vs. internal).
· Ability on entry to be seen as a business partner to the leaders in the supply chain and finance groups.
· Background and or experience working in a environment that champions Integrated Business Planning is desirable, but not a requirement
· Six-Sigma and/or regimented process methodology experience is desirable, but not a Requirement
· The candidate will be a person of the highest integrity and professional standards.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The candidate will have been an effective “business partner” to a manufacturing and operations senior leadership team and have played a lead role in driving business performance, rather than simply managing an accounting function. A track record of having worked in a business undergoing significant change is helpful, as is international experience. The candidate must be solution-oriented, focused and motivated, and display solid decision-making capability. He or she should demonstrate an ownership mentality and a predisposition to roll up his or her sleeves.
• A career history that includes positions in control and financial analysis, as well as exposure
to other financial disciplines, to include cost accounting, financial reporting and consolidation
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly obtain the necessary credibility with the senior team, both divisional and corporate, to take charge of the
• Strong systems background and broad understanding of plant operations, data base
systems, central mainframe processing and three-dimensional data.
• Proficiency with ERP, ERD system implementations (SAP or similar).
Hope and Associates
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hope and Associates