Hope Shores Alliance seeks a talented and experienced individual to fill the role of agency Finance Director. At Hope Shores Alliance, we strive to create a work environment that people enjoy coming to and that inspires staff to become invested members of our agency, the work we do and the communities in which we live.
The Finance Director will work closely with the Executive Director and the agency Board of Directors in determining long-term financial goals and developing strategies to achieve the financial objectives of the agency. They will manage the organization’s financial operations including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, production of financial statements and reports, payroll processing and advisement of the Executive Director and the Finance Committee on all financial decisions.
The Finance Director is responsible for monitoring and maintaining internal controls, while overseeing financial systems and related compliance requirements including the development and monitoring of program budgets. This person monitors and analyzes revenue and expense activity to ensure compliance with contracts and policy. This includes submitting internal and external budget revisions as necessary. We expect that all employees of Hope Shores Alliance will understand and model the application of the Core Competencies of Advocacy to their work with colleagues, community partners, survivors and others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES of the Finance Director:
· Prepare annual agency budget.
· Develop budgets for the on-going operation of Hope Shores Alliance programs; submit to funders to meet identified timelines.
· Oversees agency purchasing process for accuracy and ensures agency financial procedures are followed when receiving vendor quotes, drafting requisitions, coding for payment and approving.
· Develop, revise, and maintain internal program procedures and controls for purchasing and financial management and ensure all agency staff follow procedure.
· Monitor all grant related activity and provide recommendations for alterations in program spending.
· Provide timely budget projections as necessary.
· Authorize payment to vendors.
· Process biweekly payroll by collecting employee time-sheets, ensuring time is coded according to program activity.
· Aid supervisors and coordinators in the tracking of expenditures within their assigned programs as needed.
· Devise and implement cost allocation plans.
· Revise Hope Shores Alliance internal and programmatic budgets as necessary.
· Request funding source approval for budget revisions as necessary.
· Ensure timely dissemination of financial reports to the Board of Directors and the Finance Committee. · Complete and submit all grant/funding financial reports in an accurate timely manner.
· Implement and manager annual audit process.
· Monitor individual program and agency-wide expenditures to ensure they remain compliant with grant/funding requirements as well as budget restrictions.
· Reconcile bank statements.
· Provide direct supervision to the Executive Assistant.
· Ensure all financial documents are filed/stored in a cohesive manner and that all required document time storage guidelines are adhered to.
· Attend all required training activities in compliance with agency, funding/accreditation source requirements.
· Serve on a minimum of one staff committee.
· Perform additional duties as prescribed by administration.
We will consider applicants for the position of Finance Director who hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field with a strong education and demonstrated experience in accounting work with a nonprofit agency. Five years of administrative experience in nonprofit accounting and federal grant compliance is preferred.
While survivorship is not a requirement for employment with Hope Shores Alliance, we value the contributions survivors make in doing this work and we celebrate our shared collaboration in the movement. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the highest level of both personal and professional integrity and the courage to both lead and communicate through encouragement rather than authority.
More about the agency:
When you join the team at Hope Shores Alliance, you will be working at a multi-service agency that values collaboration with survivors and community partners to work towards ending sexual and domestic violence in our communities. We employ a dynamic team of staff and volunteers who share a collective passion for intentional change and growth work in an effort to be responsive to partners and allies in many social change movements. At Hope Shores Alliance we believe that everyone has the right to be safe, believed and supported.
Our professional staff supports and advocates alongside survivors and their support persons, employing a trauma-informed framework of service provision with a variety of free and voluntary services and resources that include a 24-hour help and support line, advocacy, counseling, supportive listening, emergency shelter, and long term housing. Hope Shores Alliance serves Alcona, Alpena, Iosco, Montmorency and Presque Isle Counties.
Hope Shores Alliance supports regular staff and volunteer training and works to ensure that opportunities for relevant education and training are available to staff at least annually. We are passionate about our work and we love to laugh with each other as we know it’s the most natural form of self-care and we believe that when we are engaging with each other in positive ways, our work will be less work.
At Hope Shores Alliance we model our services after the Core Competencies of Advocacy and look to this living document to guide our long and short term decisions and goals. Hope Shores Alliance employees have an understanding of the Core Competencies of Advocacy and reference them regularly in their work.
Anti-oppression work is the foundation of our movement against sexual and domestic violence. As a member of the Hope Shores Alliance team you will be a collaborative partner with your colleagues and be welcomed into every space as a person whom we believe brings value to the work. At Hope Shores Alliance we value diversity and inclusion and seek to continue to cultivate an environment that is founded with an anti-oppression framework.
***We value confidentiality in our work as well as in our hiring processes. Your name and other identifying information will not be shared with persons outside of our hiring team. We will only contact references and/or previous and current employers with your express permission.***