The Residential Rehabilitation Technician – Certified, Licensed position is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include:
Performs, trains and coaches treatment within the scope of therapy certification or medical technician, nursing license. Responsible for residential shift leadership and performs, coaches and has oversight of all Rehab. Tech’s performance of prescribed/therapist-directed clinical intervention techniques to patients in the rehabilitation setting. Facilitates patient practice and increases safe and independent functioning in individual goal areas, including: mobility, activities of daily living, communication, cognition, health management, psychosocial, leisure and community integration. Serve as a mentor to all Rehab. Tech. staff through the development of effective therapeutic working relationships with patients and their support network.
Monitor and provide assistance with personal care, protection and supervision, as needed to residents that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of Hope Network.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Certification as a C.O.T.A. or P.T.A. from an accredited university or institution of higher learning or licensed as an M.A. or L.P.N. by the State of MI required.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate in verbal and written formats sufficient to communicate detailed information, critical incidents, physicians’ instructions, as well as patient/resident participation and response to clinical interventions.
3. Demonstrated competency in all HNNR Core and Advanced Medical Rehab Tech Skills.
4. Computer skills including use of Microsoft Office. Ability to learn and use electronic Medication Records, electronic Medical Records and others as needed.
5. Certification or ability to obtain Certification in First Aide/CPR.
6. Certification or ability to obtain Certification in Brain Injury Fundamentals.
7. Valid Driver’s license with driving record acceptable according to Hope Network policy.
8. Ability to work independently with flexible hours.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Clinical experience in a medical setting or human service agency required.
2. Work experience in a licensed residential setting preferred.