The Rehabilitation Technician is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include:
Provides personal care, protection, and supervision to individuals residing in a transitional and/or long-term residential rehabilitation program. Assists in coordinating individuals’ schedules and implement clinical treatment plans as established by the individual and his/her interdisciplinary treatment team. Models appropriate behaviors and teaches life skills to residents. Develops and maintains therapeutic working relationships with individuals and families.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Minimum Education Required: High school diploma or GED
2. Level 5 – Access to PHI of consumers at affiliate of employment as it pertains to specific caseload
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate and complete documentation in written and verbal formats to meet position responsibilities.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with individuals having special physical, emotional, social, and vocational needs.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with individuals, observe emotional, vocational, and social behaviors, and therapeutically adapt responses to individual needs.
6. Demonstrated ability to provide direct self-care for individuals, as needed.
7. Ability to lift 50 pounds, twist, turn, bend, kneel to meet position responsibilities
8. Demonstrated ability to transfer individuals using proper transfer techniques and proper body mechanics.
9. Demonstrated ability to teach individuals independent living skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to implement and document individual treatment programs.
11. Ability to become certified in CPR/First-Aid and respond effectively in a crisis situation.
12. Must be able to pass the Medication Administration class and to administer medications with minimal errors in accordance with medication administration guidelines/expectations.
13. Valid drivers license with driving record acceptable according to Hope Network policy, preferred (Driver's License may be required by some programs). If applicable, proper licensure to perform chauffeur duties.
14. Ability to articulate and actively support the mission of the corporation to various audiences.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Basic computer skills and experience.