The Director of Business Development is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Engage prospective payers and placement partners to support referrals in key Hope Network programs including Recovery, Autism, and Behavioral Health Services. Reporting to the Senior Executive Vice President of Operations and Strategy, this position engages customers/funders to fill the census at each of the programs they are assigned to. They are also responsible to work with leaders to identify business opportunities and build key stakeholder relationships within the healthcare arena. This role identifies and helps to develop strategic relationships with current and potential business partners and payers. Works with teams and coordinates work groups to investigate the feasibility of opportunities for growth, referrals, and new contracts. Responsible for the primary outreach to potential customers, payers, and referral sources. Works with Hope Network leadership team(s) to develop strategies and tactics to penetrate and build relationships within identified new and existing markets and/or geographies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Develop and implement a sales strategy based on market and industry trends that supports the array of services available through Hope Network with an emphasis on Recovery, Autism, and Behavioral Health Services.
3. Conduct employer/business/provider prospecting resulting in new or expanded relationships with partners.
4. Assure appropriate management of existing business relationships by establishing expectations/goals for each partner and monitoring account performance.
5. Coordinate handoff of a developed business relationship to the Operations team(s).
6. Provide customer service/feedback contacts with established partners to determine level of satisfaction.
7. Seeks out new market insights and business opportunities through research and analysis.
8. Quantifies business intelligence with economic models to evaluate new opportunities; presents findings clearly and makes recommendations for action.
9. Represent Hope Network to payers, community partners and/or support agencies. This will include attendance at pertinent industry trade shows and conferences to promote Hope Network.
10. Timely completion of documentation and data tracking.
11. Frequent travel throughout various geographic regions. This may include overnight stays.
12. Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience.
2. Strong sales and customer service expertise.
3. Ability to develop sales strategy and develop resources to meet strategic goals.
4. Strong communication skills: written and verbal. Including the ability to make public/group presentations.
5. Ability to understand and effectively leverage the demand side and supply side of the Behavioral Health market in designated regions.
6. Strong organizational and time management skills.
7. Proficiency in computer skills and software such as Microsoft Office Suite.
8. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
9. Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record as it relates to Hope Network policy.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. 3-5 years experience in sales, referral development, business management.
2. Experience developing marketing plans.
3. Experience in sales, marketing, branding, messaging, or business education.
Why Work Here?Founded in 1963, Hope Network is a nonprofit healthcare and life services provider based out of Grand Rapids, Michigan. With a team of 2,800 employees and more than 240 locations, Hope serves more than 34,000 people with disabilities and disadvantages each year.
Be part of the bigger picture to make a impact on our community and those individuals we serve!
Grand Rapids, MI