The Residential Instructor is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Provides direct supervision and inter-active treatment to individuals in residential programs. Displays appropriate behavior and teaches life skills to residents. Provides evaluation and instruction in areas of daily living skills or independent living skills to enhance the residents ability to reach his/her highest level of independence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned by management.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Supervises residents directly or is aware of general whereabouts of residents (depending upon assessed level of independence). Monitors alarm systems. Assists with re-entry into the community.
3. Participates in the development of and implements individual inter-active treatment programs for residents. Attends Person Centered Planning (PCP) meetings, Crisis Team meetings (if applicable), and staff meetings as scheduled. Completes necessary paperwork prior to applicable meetings. Knows resident treatment programs - reviews daily for update. Follows treatment program. Is knowledgeable of and implements goals of clinical team for each resident using approved program methods and instruction. Communicates with supervisor and designated clinical staff regarding resident and program issues.
4. Supervises and/or provides hands on assistance in residents' activities of daily living and self-care tasks and other resident-related care tasks as assigned.
5. Plans and supervises activities for residents including facilitating treatment groups, both within the program and in the community.
6. Administers medications, accurately charts medical issues, counts controlled substances and order medications (if applicable).
7. Intervenes in crisis situations, using approved methods promoting the safety of all residents.
8. Performs tasks necessary for the operation of the program/home including housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, supplies shopping, maintenance and safety checks/drills:
a. Enforces safety guidelines for residents. Follows general safety practices. Reports any unsafe conditions to supervisor
b. Has thorough knowledge of fire and smoke alarm systems and all emergency evacuation procedures.
c. Performs routine maintenance and upkeep tasks and necessary repairs. Completes general housekeeping.
9. Completes duties and assignments as outlined in staff manual or shift responsibilities list, or as assigned. Communicates with supervisor and designated clinical staff regarding pertinent client issues.
10. Successfully completes all required trainings. Attends other training or in-services as assigned by supervisor.
11. Participates in the orientation and training of new staff members. Presents positive up-beat attitude. Reviews unit policies. Assists with orientation follow-up.
12. Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, shift searches.
1. High School Diploma or GED, preferred.
2. Current Michigan driver's license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network Behavioral Health Services insurance carrier definitions, preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds non-stationary weights either alone or as part of a two-person assist.
2. Have unlimited bending and stooping capacities including but not limited to: bending or stooping as part of a one or two person assist of a resident off the floor; bending or stooping to assist a resident out of a couch, chair, bed, or car; pivoting while bearing weight of a resident; providing total assist while showering a resident.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats to meet position responsibilities.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with individuals having special physical, emotional, social and