REHABILITATION ASSISTANT/DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
•Assists individuals in dressing, bathing, and completing basic hygiene tasks.
•Oversees any required rehabilitation exercises.
•Ensures that individuals take their prescribed medications.
•Prepares meals that adhere to special dietary considerations.
•Assists with light cleaning and housework.
•Teaches developmentally disabled adults how to adopt basic independent living skills.
•Helps adults with developmental disorders learn to make a budget and complete basic household tasks.
•Works with disabled adult to providing support and assistance during daily activities.
•Meets with family to discuss needs of patients.
•Runs errands to the grocery store, laundromat, cleaners, drugstore, and other necessary locations.
•Carry out other duties as assigned by management.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. High School diploma or GED, preferred.
2. Ability to lift up to 25/50 pounds.
3. Ability to write and/or manipulate a computer keyboard.
4. Ability to hear and speak clearly.
5. Some direct care experience preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Valid Michigan motor vehicle operator license.
Employment Type: Full Time and Part Time