The Shared Home Alliance Coordinator (SHAC) is a live-in position that provides a positive & nurturing living environment for individuals experiencing developmental disabilities that is shared with another Shared Home Alliance Coordinator. The SHAC works with the individuals supported in the home and works with the other SHAC to ensure all paperwork for the home is completed and provides leadership to the operations of an assisted living home. This position involves direct supervision of direct care staff, ensuring home finances are used properly, and completing routing reports and documentation.
Positions available for those with medical experience and experience providing personal care; also seeking those with experience handling challenging behaviors.
The Shared Home Alliance Coordinator schedule is 3 days on and 3 days off. Shift begins at 12 pm on day one and ends at 10 pm on day four. There is a second HAC that works the other 3 days of the week. The SHAC is provided private quarters in the assisted living home during their scheduled shifts.
- Assists in the development of Individual Support Plans, interaction guidelines and Plan of Care; develops written implementation schedules to assist the individual in meeting the goals outlined in the Individual Support Plan, Personal Futures Plan and Plan of Care.
- Implements support services as outlined in the Individual Support Plan, Personal Futures Plan and Plan of Care, including but not limited to, activities of daily living, day habilitation, employment, inclusionary activities and active learning.
- Provides direct care as needed in various activities such as personal finances, shopping, meal preparation, and activities of daily living, which include bathing, toileting, dressing, housekeeping, laundry, etc.
- Assure appropriate maintenance, cleanliness and safety of physical site and home vehicle.
- Highschool Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Bachelor Degree in a health-related field preferred
- Two (2) years experience working with people who experience developmental disabilities required
- One (1) year supervisory or administrative experience strongly preferred.
Please note: Written proof of experience will be required at the time of hire. Written proof includes: transcripts, employee evaluations or written employment verification from a previous employer.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs, or 1/3 of body weight, whichever is less, on a regular basis
- Must be 21 years or older, per State of Alaska regulations
- Possess a valid driver license & at least 1 year of driving experience (may include permit time)
- Pass a criminal background check under state regulation