Pay Grade 9
The Assisted Living Home Supervisor provides services to Hope support recipients through assuring all Assisted Living Homes meet mission critical targets in all assigned areas. The Assisted Living Home Supervisor is responsible for assigned Agency operated Assisted Living Homes (ALHs) and the quality care of the support recipients who reside in them through their work in teaching, coaching and mentoring Home Alliance Coordinators (HACs) and Leads. This position oversees the residential delivery of services as delineated in the Plans of Care and/or support plans, utilizing strategies in alignment with organizational culture and the management and service philosophy of Hope. This includes ensuring the services address the health and safety needs of the support recipients and provide positive learning and inclusion opportunities.
1. Ensures effective management through the direct supervision of HAC and Lead staff. Provides direct assistance with the management of shift staff homes. Ensures appropriate allocation of Agency resources.
2. Develops the leadership and administrative skills of HACs and Lead staff through teaching coaching and mentoring, assuring the delivery of quality services provided in Agency operated ALHs.
3. Develops and supports HACs and Lead staff to onboard, supervise, develop, evaluate council and discipline staff.
4. Monitors and ensures HAC and Lead staff training compliance, including home and support recipient specific trainings, as well as compliance with employment related documents. Ensures HAC and Lead staff monitor and maintain the training of direct support staff in their respective homes.
5. Ensures crisis scheduling coverage for emergency situations, such as gaps in staff coverage affecting the health and safety of support recipients. Facilitates coverage for HAC and Lead staff vacant positions and ensures coverage for HAC and Lead personal leave use.
6. Ensures ALHs are delivering services in alignment with support recipients' adopted Plans of Care and/or support plans.
7. Monitors HAC and Lead staff regarding the scheduling of direct support staff and ensures alignment with services delineated in the Plans of Care and/or support plans and with service delivery requirements.
8. Supports HAC and Lead staff by assuring completion of Hope's adopted Service Review & Recommendation goal development process.
9. Monitors service utilization and goal progress for support recipients and implements corrections as necessary.
10. Ensures all services are provided in a cost effective manner and in alignment with relevant local, state, and federal regulations and complies with mandatory reporting responsibilities.
11. Monitors and assists HAC and Lead staff with accurate and timely submission of service and employment related documentation from direct support staff.
12. Ensures HAC and Lead staff coordinate with the Adult Licensing Specialist and the Deputy Director of Physical Plant and Safety for initial licensing of Agency operated ALHs, ongoing compliance with licensing regulations, and health and safety standards.
13. Conducts home visits for all environments as required. Monitors and ensures adequate and appropriate home management including upkeep to Agency and community standards.
14. Assists the Director of Community Support Services in achieving Agency fiscal objectives by effectively utilizing and allocating resources and monitoring service utilization.
+ Bachelor's degree in Health Science, Social Science, Special Education or a related field required. Emphasis of study in developmental disabilities strongly preferred. Experience in lieu of education may be accepted on a two for one basis in appropriate fields.
+ Four years of experience working in social services required; two years of responsibility in case management and supervision required.
+ Experience in residential services strongly preferred.
+ Possesses a valid Alaska Driver's license and has at least one year of driving experience (may include permit time).
+ Able to safely operate Agency vehicles when needed. Possesses reliable transportation and vehicle insurance when transporting support recipients or conducting Agency business.
+ Meets State and Agency requirements for passing a criminal background check upon hire and as required thereafter.
+ Lifts 35 pounds from a squat and kneel position on the floor.
+ May be required to frequently walk, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, pull and/or push.
External Company Name: Hope Alaska
External Company URL: http://www.hopealaska.org
Street: 47202 Princeton Avenue