Program Nurse LPN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Hope Unity and Freedom Center is a diverse team of professionals providing psychosocial day support to male and female adults with a primary mental health diagnosis, dual diagnosis, and/or a coexisting disorder. Our work helps to decrease psychiatric hospitalization and provide stabilization of individuals with less intervention in the community. By providing daily routine and structure in a safe environment, each individual is able to achieve their best and improve their quality of life.
As a Program Nurse with the Hope, Unity and Freedom (H.U.F.) Center, you are provided the opportunity to make a difference in the daily functioning of adults in need. Program Nurses take responsibility of all medical-based needs for the clients within our care, assisting the Medication Technicians (MT) or Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) in the administering of medications, facilitating medication knowledge group interventions, and completing routine program audits, amongst other duties. Program Nurses are the ultimate resource to make sure all medical requirements are being met at each site. Our Program Nurses use their skillsets and medical expertise to improve the lives of those we service while assisting in the professional growth of our MTs and CNAs.
- Must be licensed as an LPN under the Virginia State Board of Licensing.
- Must have at least 1 year of documented clinical experience.
- Must be able to complete and pass: a CPR/First Aid certification; Handle with Care physical intervention training; annual tuberculosis (TB) screening test; and clear a criminal background and central registry check.
- Must have a valid Virginia Driver’s License.
- Strong and assertive personality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Supervisory experience would be preferred.
- Responsible for ensuring all medications are being administered properly by Medication Technicians (MT) or Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA).
- Provide quality control concerning storage and accountability of client medications.
- Communicate with community supports regarding any observed abnormal behaviors that may be a change in symptoms or be due to medication side effects or complications.
- Maintain First Aid Kits and ongoing Infection Control measures.
- Coordinate emergency hospital transfer as needed.
- Provide medication administration daily.
- Report all medication error to the Executive Director, Program Manager and/or attending physician, to include pertinent documentation.
- Advocate interventions and actions for clients to Leadership staff.
- Facilitate groups with clients that focus on medication management and general education of medications.
- Participate all required team or leadership meetings.
- Participate in medical crisis intervention as needed
- Conduct routine program audits and medication administration records reviews.
- Maintain a current list of all clients regarding pertinent medical information
Benefits and Perks
- Heath, Vision and Dental Benefits, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K, Pet Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Program Manager
Supervises: Medication Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant
Powered by JazzHR
Hope, Unity, Freedom Center, Inc.
AddressNewport News, VA
HealthcareView all jobs at Hope, Unity, Freedom Center, Inc.