Night Warehouse Associate
- $19 to $22 Hourly
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Job Location: Hop & Wine Beverage LLC Chantilly, VA
Starting Salary: $19.00-$22.00
Hours/Week: 40 Hrs Per Week; May vary upon season
Education: HS Diploma/GED or Equiv.; Or Equiv. Experience
Degree or Training: Provided for first several days of job; generally 2 wks
Licenses, Certificates, or Registrations: Reliable transportation; good driving record; proof of insurance, valid driver’s license
Company Homepage: www.hopandwine.com
Position Start Date: TBD
Number of Positions: 1
Benefits Include: Health, PTO, Life, 401K
This position is primarily responsible for loading the delivery trucks for daily deliveries in an accurate and effective manner.
MAIN TASKS/JOB DUTIES/GOALS:
- Reports to Night Warehouse Manager
- Start time of 7:00pm until end of shift (no later than 4:00am)
- Reads production schedule, customer, work order, shipping order or pick list to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts, places, and stacks material or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined specified location.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms
- Marks materials with identifying information as needed
- Opens pallets, bales, crates, and other containers
- Records amounts of material or product received
- Coordinates with forklift operator in arranging product for shelving
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of warehouse
- Assists in pulling employee sale contents, sample orders, and customer pick up orders
- Operate trucks to move to loading docks
- Other warehouse duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal Skills - Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Cost Consciousness - Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measured, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY: Basic Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: No special computer skills are needed for this position.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds for a period of eight or more hours per day.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Wet/humid conditions
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- Work in high precarious places
- Outdoor weather conditions
- Extreme cold (non-weather)
- Extreme heat (non-weather)
- Risk of electrical shock
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Candidate must ability to operate warehouse equipment including: forklifts, pallet jacks, and a pallet wrapper.
Hop & Wine Beverages, LLC
4605 Brookfield Corporate DrChantilly, VA
Transportation and Storage
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.