Day Warehouse Associate
- $19 to $22 Hourly
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Job Location: Hop & Wine Beverage LLC Chantilly, VA
Starting Salary: $19.00-$22.00
Hours/Week: 40 Hrs Per Week; May vary upon season
Education: HS Diploma/GED or Equivalent work experience
Degree or Training: Provided for first several days of job; generally 2 wks
Licenses, Certificates, or Registrations: N/A
Company Homepage: www.hopandwine.com
Position Start Date: TBD
Number of Positions: 1
Benefits Include: Health, PTO, Life, 401K
This position is primarily responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing material, tools, equipment, and products within the warehouse by performing the following duties below.
MAIN TASKS/JOB DUTIES/GOALS:
- Reports to Director of Logistics
- Start time of 6:00am until end of shift (no later than 4:00pm)
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or pick list to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas
- Sorts, places, and stacks materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined specified location
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms
- Marks materials with identifying information as needed
- Opens pallets, bales, crates, and other containers
- Records amounts of material or product received
- Coordinates with Forklift Operator in arranging product for shelving
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of warehouse
- Assists in pulling employee sale contents, sample orders, and customer pick up orders
- Operate trucks to move to loading docks
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation –Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in on-on-one and small group situations to customer, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Minimum Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and with measurement, volume, and distance.
- REASONING ABILITY: Basic Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variable in standardized situations.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual does not and specified computer skills.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds for long periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- Work in high precarious places
- Outdoor weather conditions
- Extreme cold (non-weather)
- Extreme heat (non-weather)
- Risk of electrical shock
The noise level in the work environment is usually a loud setting.
- The person performing this position also needs to have a high familiarity of how to operate the following equipment: forklift, pallet jack, pallet wrapper, and delivery trucks (multiple sizes).
Hop & Wine Beverages, LLC
4605 Brookfield Corporate DrChantilly, VA
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.