Hooten Construction McLean Gardens, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
As a General Contractor, we don't just build buildings, we also build communities and people. Our mission is to help over 200 families per year, by improving their lives through creating more affordable housing opportunities.
We are seeking a Multi-Family Superintendent to join our team! You will be overseeing projects, planning, scheduling, and implementation.
The Superintendent is a problem solver, responsible for overall onsite management of the project from inception to final acceptance. The Superintendent will provide supervision and leadership of subcontractors and ensuring safe conditions on the job site. The Superintendent will work closely with the project manager.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintain the construction schedule and ensure the proper sequencing of all construction activities such that consultants and subcontractors can operate profitably and efficiently.
- Meet or beat all construction milestones.
- Ensure safety policies are adhered to by those working on the project site.
- Develop plan for sequencing and logistics of construction activities.
- Have expert working knowledge of the plans and specifications.
- Coordinate material deliveries and site inspections.
- Monitor the work of subcontractors, laborers, and other partners to ensure compliance with relevant laws, protection of the company from risk, and the compliance with established budgets and deadlines.
- Complete required documentation of project progression.
- Maintain and implement quality control plan.
- Manage on-site assigned personnel, providing a positive work environment for professional and personal growth.
- Ensure that the project site and its contents are secured at the close of each working day. Maintain a clean and orderly site during the construction process.
- 7+ years of progressive experience with ground-up, stick-built multi-family projects of 100 units or greater, ideally as a Lead Superintendent, or in a similar position. Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques.
- Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred.
- Proficiency with reading, understanding, and interpreting plans, specifications, drawings, contracts, and other documents.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally resolve issues with clients, subcontractors, and other third parties in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with construction management and office productivity software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Vista, or other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
8178 Lark Brown Road Elkridge MDMcLean Gardens, DC