Project Manager - Transmission/Distribution
Responsible for acquiring new business opportunities. Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the preparations and executions of projects while meeting cost, quality, equipment utilization and safety objectives.
- Actively pursues and acquires new business through developing and maintaining strong client relationships, presentations to prospective clients, sound understanding of proposed project plans, specifications and other contractual documents.
- Prepares project estimates, budgets, schedules, and assist in project contract negotiations. Monitors adherence to all of above through attendance at job site meetings, project progress reports, performance evaluations, safety meetings and working closely with field crew supervision.
- Works closely with architect and engineers to resolve design related construction issues including timely processing and approvals of project shop drawings
- Keeps customer fully informed of project progress and any significant issues and their effect on design or costs. Negotiates fee changes. Releases completed project to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates manpower, equipment, tools and supply needs within the department to achieve project objectives.
- Purchases equipment and standardized materials. Monitors and assess maintenance and safeguarding of equipment, tools and supplies. Responsible for proper repair of equipment upon completion of job.
- Manages administrative aspects of contracts (change orders, rental equipment, timesheet coding, billing and expenses, collections, etc.) by working closely with administrative staff and accounting and communicating all financial details to appropriate parties.
- Maintains sound union relationships with field employees and local business managers. Participates in joint labor management committees and apprenticeship subcommittees. Develop thorough understanding of labor agreements.
- Completes job closeout process including resolution of "punch list" items, recording of "as-built drawings' to reflect all changes to originals, and distribution of all operating and maintenance manuals to customer.
- Strengthen customer relationships through hosting and/or participating in company-supported events.
- Attendance at annual divisional and departmental meetings and social functions is required.
- Performs additional assignments as requested by management. May serve on corporate and special division committees as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum four years technical education in engineering field, construction management coursework or completion of apprenticeship in a respective discipline.
- 5 - 10 years of prior experience with related construction industry projects. (Electric Power Distribution/Transmission and Substation)
- Analytical and problem solving, strong interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
Scope Data (budget accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised, other pertinent numeric data):
- Wide range of project budgets.
- Supervises field crew through foreman.
Description of physical working environment:
- Works in normal office environment and makes frequent client visits requiring driving personal vehicle. When in the office, regularly works from a sitting position with a computer. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.
- Works on field construction site in all kinds of weather to survey site conditions and resolve coordination issues with the trades.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps on site with or without reasonable accommodations is required.
Hooper is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. This company considers candidates regardless of age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Hooper CorporationMadison, WI
ConstructionView All Hooper Corporation Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.