Plumbing Pre-Apprentice/Shop Helper
Hooper Corporation Madison, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for assisting Journeyman Plumber with installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal in commercial and industrial buildings.Principal Responsibility
- General Housekeeping.
- Loading, unloading, distributing and stockpiling material and equipment.
- Loading and unloading tools.
- Cleaning, pick-up, and tool repair.
- Cutting, patching and grouting concrete, wood or masonry holes.
- Setting up and tearing down of minor scaffolds.
- Manual labor necessary for rigging, hoisting, lifting and positioning of heavy equipment.
- Paint, stencil and tape equipment, piping, and valves.
- Normal unskilled labor related to piping and plumbing including fire watch.
- Performs additional assignments as directed.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one-year production experience preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with basic math skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good driving record.
- Works and interacts in team environment with 10-15 personnel.
- Physically demanding position. Majority of work requires continuous standing and walking in shop. Requires lifting materials up to 75 pounds on a regular basis and frequent twisting, bending and turning.
- Works on field construction site in all kinds of weather.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps on site is required.
ConstructionView all jobs at Hooper Corporation