Are you a General Manager that believes that Hospitality needs to Change
- Expired: December 05, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Tale of Hook Hall
At Hook Hall, we live boldly and act differently. We're a crew built of dreamers that collaborate to Deliver the Unexpected, every day. We understand it is our call and responsibility to curate environments and experiences where people feel genuinely welcomed and part of our community. As moment makers, we produce immersive experiences where people feel recognized as human-first, allowing us to positively impact, empower, and collectively celebrate others.
Along the way, we foster community by ensuring that we are fulfilling our core mission in all our interactions, be they with guests, our partners, and each other.
Why Join Our Crew?
Situated in the heart of Washington, DC, Hook Hall is a traditional tavern and event space. It is a place our guests go to enjoy a cold beer and catch up with friends, or to find the latest epic pop-up experience. It's a space designed to transform and transition throughout the day.
We live boldly and act differently. We're a crew built of dreamers that delivers the unexpected each and every day. We curate environments, events, and experiences that make memorable moments where people feel recognized as human-first, allowing us to positively impact, empower and collectively celebrate others in customized immersive experiences.
It is our collective efforts that ensure successful experiences for our patrons, company, and ourselves. This is why we foster a welcoming and accepting work environment.
Hook Hall is looking to hire a meticulous, detail-oriented, and grounded General Manager to help guide our ship. This position will require the ability to work independently, as a self-starter, and as part of a team, receiving and delegating responsibilities.
Utilizing your excellent logistics skills and strength in multi-tasking you will need to navigate through the high seas, with your crew by your side, ensuring both the crew and guests have the best experience. It is imperative that we keep the crew unified and the ship in pristine condition.
Do you have what it takes to lead the crew to victory each day? To create a rewarding place for the crew and guests alike? If you are confident you can prevent a mutiny, we are ready for you to board the ship.
General Managerial Responsibilities
- Build a team of hospitality Superheroes!
- Manage and maintain top-notch training programs so the facility runs to an agreed-upon set of standards
- Strong knowledge of writing, managing and enforcing Standard Operating Procedures
- Support and work alongside the executive team to grow a world-class entertainment company with a guest-centric experience including bar games, private events, and unique curated tavern/bar concepts that challenge the status quo in the industry
- Capable of creating, implementing, managing, and overseeing the accounting and finances of the business unit
- Maintain clear financial reporting and controls for the business unit
- Oversee and manage facilities in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain rapport with vendors, coordinating and supervising delivery of services
- Responsible for working with the accounting team to submit and check payroll for accuracy, and ensure all vendor invoices are recorded and remitted for payment
- Work with HR to recruit, train, and develop top-notch team members, and indoctrinate new employees in the parent company's culture and core values
- Manage and resolve crew conflicts in a professional manner
- Foster an environment that ensures all team members are looking for ways to systematize the business to increase efficiency
- Ensure historical knowledge of business and expertise of staff is protected through limited staff turnover and high-quality, ongoing training and education Daily operations to ensure a high standard of facility cleanliness, safety, and appearance
- Utilize daily/weekly meeting rhythm set forth by the company to ensure clear communication and to provide updates and flag issues through daily/weekly meetings with upper management and via pre-shift meetings with team members
- Ensure the best possible guest experience for private and corporate events, including set up and clean-up, and the highest level of customer service via email, phone, and in-person touchpoints
- Overseeing a food service program that creates continuity throughout the daily schedule of offerings and across our family of venues
- Responsible for maintaining compliance will all local alcohol/beverage and food safety laws applicable
- All product procurement and inventory management programs for the business to ensure all supplies and inventory are maintained at necessary levels
- Commitment to and alignment with the company's core values
- Participate in weekly executive leadership meetings and quarterly planning
- Be a relentless perfectionist with a positive attitude who has a high level of attention to mastering the minutia and competitive spirit
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Experience with Fare Harbor and Gather is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the bar/hospitality industry
- Must have initiative and strong interpersonal skills
- Evenings and weekends will be required
- DC ABRA Manager-on-Duty certification
- Experience working in the hospitality industry, exhibiting the ability to accommodate and adapt to situations by effective decision making
Get fresh Are you a General Manager that believes that Hospitality needs to Change jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.