Hood Distribution, is looking for a dynamic Branch Manager at its Milton, VT location. Hood Distribution is a market leader in the distribution of building products whose customers include building product retailers, cabinet shops, millwork houses, and similar businesses. The successful candidate should have experience in managing sales and marketing of products to businesses. Experience in wood products and mill operations is a plus. The Branch Manager will be responsible for daily operations, P&L, managing/development of staff, budgeting, marketing, and inventory management. Reporting to the Branch Manager are Outside Sales Representative, Inside Sales Representatives, and Operations Manager.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee the daily operations of the branch. Establish consistent processes, standards, and expectations for the branch to ensure ongoing performance within company, regulatory, and legal requirements.
- Manage and monitor the financial performance and overall profitability of the branch.
- Ensure that inventory is received, handled, stored and delivered as to minimize damage or any other loss.
- Follow up on quality or specification issues brought by employees or customers.
- Develop strategic and tactical plan to grow the branch's revenues and profit.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to grow sales by developing new customers, and/or broadening product line penetration to existing customers.
- Manage the human resources activities of the branch within the company policies and guidelines.
- Consistently reinforce a commitment to customer-focus toward both internal and external customers.
- Ensure continuous training and coaching for all branch personnel to maintain a productive and safe working environment.
- Display the highest level of ethical behavior and respect for others.
- College degree in a business related field or equivalent experience;
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills;
- P&L experience with aspect to managing sales and operations;
- Self-motivated/driven individual that has a can-do attitude to handle any customer or employee situation that may arise ;
- Sales-driven, compelling manager who can seize new business and have the skills and leadership to maintain current business;
- A minimum of 7 years of operations or sales experience;
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a management capacity;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers;
- Computer (Excel, Word, & Outlook) and IT system literate.
Hood Industries offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, cancer, life, 401k, and LTD, available first of the month following completion of one month of continuous full-time employment.
Hood Industries requires that applicants consent to a background check and a drug screen to continue in the selection process. All employment offers are contingent on meeting our background check standards and successful passing of required drug test. If hired, you will be required to provide documentation indicating your legal right to work in the U.S.