Our client is a mid-sized Commercial General Contractor who is looking for a Senior Estimator to join their team in the Charlotte, NC area.
The company has a 25 year history of successful projects throughout the Carolinas with a concentration in Charlotte metro area .
Their primary market are manufacturing, warehouse, institutional and industrial.
Experience with pre engineered metal buildings is required. Design Build experience is a huge plus.
They need someone who has the ability to estimate jobs on their own and works well within a team environment to facilitate accurate estimates.
This position requires previous commercial construction estimating experience.
- Prepare time, cost and labor estimates for construction projects by analyzing project drawings, specifications and RFP’s.
- Provide quantity take-offs.
- Solicit projects and obtain quotes from subcontractors and vendors.
- Analysis of subcontractor and vendor quotes to confirm scope.
- Development of preliminary construction schedules for estimating and preconstruction.
- Prepare conceptual estimates and budgets for projects
- Develop subcontractor relationships for the solicitation of bids.
- Participate in the interview process as required.
- Communicate with subcontractors, owners, architects, engineers, and project team.
- Participate in and accurately interpret existing conditions during site meetings / walkthrough’s.
- Prepare, coordinate, review, and distribute construction estimates.
- Update unit, labor, material, and equipment rates in cost databases to keep them current.
- Prepare reports and analysis pertinent to construction estimating as requested.
- Maintain estimating schedule for all priced projects.
- Assist accounting and project management to ensure proper turnover of estimates.
- Initiate and hold project turnover meetings with project management post award. Review project requirements, price and scope concerns.
- Familiar with all aspects of Contract Administration and capable of assuming these duties, as directed.
Keywords: preengineered metal building, construction, estimating, contract management, preconstruction, bidding, commercial, estimate, bidding, contract negotiation, document management, conceptual estimate, cost accounting, quatity take off, material take off.